We all know what good writing is. It’s the novel we can’t put down, the poem we never forgot, and the speech that changes the way we look at the world. Good writing is the memo that gets action and the letter that says what a phone call can’t.
In business writing, the language is concrete, the point of view is clear, and the points are well expressed. Good writing is hard work, and even the best writers get discouraged. However, with practice, you can feel more confident about your own writing. This two-day workshop will give you the tools to become a better writer.
What students learn
- The value of good written communication.
- The proper format for memos, letters, and e-mails.
- The four C’s: clear, concise, complete, and correct
- Sentences and sentence types
- Readability index
- Manners and courtesy
- Practical and inclusive language
- Sentence construction and punctuation
- Writing business letters, memos, and e-mails
- Spelling and proofreading
- Reviewing your writing
This school offers programs in:
Last updated March 23, 2018