Faculty of Distance Education Technologies
The Perm State Technical University is one of the leading technical high schools of Russia - multi-profile higher educational establishment with a high staff potential and a modern material and technical basis. It provides high-quality training of specialists of a wide range of technical, technological, economic and administrative, social and humanitarian, natural and scientific-specialized fields for enterprises and organizations of the Western Urals and Russian Federation.
Studying process at the University is based on the principles of fundamentalization, computerization of education and using the modern information technologies. One of such innovation became the creation of the System of Distant Education (SDE) in PSTU (in 2003), which organized by The Faculty of Distant Educational Technologies.
More than 400 highly skilled teachers-tutors carry out the educational process at the faculty (many of them are doctors and professors). They work on 50 universities chairs. New teachers-tutors are regularly involved in the educational process.
Now the students are educated on the 17 specialties:
- Automatic information processing and control system
- Computer-based systems, complexes, and networks
- Communication networks and systems of commutations
- The complex informational guarding
- Electric engineering, electric mechanic and electric technologies
- Design and technologies of electrical insulation
- Real estate examination
- Civil and industrial engineering
- Aircraft engines
- The technology of mechanical engineering
- Data systems and technologies
- Motor-cars and automobile economy
- State and municipal management
From next 2011-2012 ed.year the faculty will have to introduce two levels of education – the Baccalaureate (4 years) and the Magistrate (2 years) and will realize new programs in accordance with new Federal-State Education Standard:
The system provides one of perspective models - a model of the allocated, remote university which will realize removed training of the students. It is the major direction of development of information technologies in PSTU. Thus the following purposes are reached:
- Expansion the categories of a students contingent (persons with the limited opportunities, the working and other categories of persons which have been not covered other sold in PSTU with forms and technologies of training);
- Expansion of educational space (other regions of Russia, the country UIC, near and far abroad;
- Maintenance of a high degree of quality of education;
- Creation of optimum conditions for increase of efficiency of educational and scientific activity of the faculty and students, for their active creative independent work in SDE, maintenance of development of subject "field" of disciplines of the curriculum, creation of electronic educational resources;
- Construction of an individual trajectory of training on the basis of educational programs guided on person;
- Increase of competitiveness of graduates;
- Development of high school through the creation of the informatic-educational environment of training, a virtual organizational field of high school, the transition to an electronic system of monitoring of quality.
The educational technology includes such types of work (off-line, online), as:
- Theoretical training (multimedia manual, conspectus of lections);
- Practical training (virtual lab works, seminars);
- Consultations with help of chat, forum, and e-mail.
The interaction between tutor and student accomplishes by standard or special IT-technologies:
Case technology is founded on the creation of methodical materials for selfish work of student on papery carrier (the conspectus of lectures and other methodical materials which are given to each student on the faculty);
Network technology is founded on using of the special educational environment. By own login and password, each student takes access to educational materials on electronic or network carrier.
At our faculty, the educational process realizes in full-time mode. A study in the auditorium is also obligatory. Nevertheless, more than 70 % of the training students get by the Internet (e-Learning). In auditorium introductive study in the form of lectures or seminars, intermediate practice, laboratory and testing works, summarized examinations and tests take place. In university tutors and students meet together at the beginning, middle semester (during 2 weeks), and during winter and summer sessions (during 6 weeks).
During 8 years of working with The Faculty of Distant Educational Technologies reach educational experience is accumulated. PSTU can deserving position itself as a university, which can effectively realize advanced educational technologies. University is an active member of Russian and international conferences, seminars, exhibitions, and forums.
Modern information and communication technologies provide a unique opportunity for the development and efficient use of e-learning. New forms of educational services, including e-learning, are extremely important for Russia possessing vast territories and a huge number of residential settlements located far from big cities, educational and scientific centers.
Entrance Rules for foreign citizens
Foreign citizens are enrolled at PNRPU ONLY if they show an international passport, migration card, and education certificates/diplomas.
MASTER (2-year program)
• Document of education equal to the level of a «Bachelor» in RF in accordance with the respective direction
• If the subjects done before don’t comply with the respective direction of education international citizens undergo an entrance test.
• Document of education equal to the level needed to gain a Ph.D. in RF
Last updated November 25, 2017