This degree can prepare you to pursue career advancement in the field of information technology.* As a graduate, you may be able to design real-world e-media products or create technical solutions to hardware and software problems, depending on your chosen area of focus. You will explore ways to communicate and apply core information technologies professionally as well as evaluate, design, and implement systems based on IT methodology. You will study how to:
- Analyze and offer verbal/written resolutions to tech issues faced by users and organizations
- Evaluate trends, practices, and products to determine their effectiveness for systems/users
- Explain the impact of information systems and technology on business or economic processes
Each term students are assessed on their mastery of the course outcomes, which measure the skills, knowledge, abilities, and behaviors employers expect.
The Bachelor of Science in Information Technology allows you to choose a concentration, which is a grouping of courses designed to prepare you with specialized knowledge and skills in a specific field. This allows you to personalize your education by focusing your elective choices on an area of study that best fits your desired career path. Concentrations include:
- Network Administration
- Database Management
- Information Security and Assurance
- Multiplatform Software Development
For Kaplan University Gainful Employment program disclosure information, click here.<<www.kaplanuniversity.edu/Consumer_Info.aspx>> (*) Kaplan University cannot guarantee employment or career advancement.
Program taught in: