Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security
About the Program
Bachelor of Science in Cyber Security Program prepares students to obtain knowledge for careers in cybersecurity and assurance. The program consists of topical areas dealing with computer security management, incident response, and security threat assessment, which require students to be creators of knowledge and inventors of processes, not merely users of information. Additionally, students will receive instruction in leadership and management in preparation for becoming managers and directors.
Developed from a learning model based on Bloom’s Taxonomy of Thinking, the program’s educational objectives identify what students should learn, understand, and be able to do as a result of their studies with ECCU. The program objectives are:
- Application of technical strategies, tools, and techniques to secure data and information for a customer or client.
- Adherence to a high standard of ethical behavior.
- Use of research in both established venues and innovative applications to expand the body of knowledge in information assurance.
- Application of principles of critical thinking to creatively and systematically solve the problems and meet the challenges of the ever-changing environments of cybersecurity.
- Mastery of the skills necessary to move into leadership roles in companies, agencies, divisions, or departments.
In addition to the specific degree requirements, each candidate for graduation must meet the following requirements.
- Completion of 60 credit hours of 300/400 level courses in which the candidate earned a cumulative GPA of 2.0 or better;
- Satisfactory completion of the summative capstone course;
- All degree requirements must be completed within four years from the date the student enrolls in the University and begins the program.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated December 7, 2017