- Degree Type: Bachelor of Science
- Tuition: J$10,000 per-credit (Jamaican Students)
- Credits: 124
- Tuition Waiver Available: Yes - Up to 25% off this September
- Awarding Institution: University of the Commonwealth Caribbean
- Delivery Modality: 100% Online or Blended
Today’s competitive economy demands that individuals possess skills in virtually every field. Right-sizing and reorganization, very common features of our global landscape, have led to smaller workforces where employees with multiple skills are most appreciated. Young and working adults alike must prepare themselves with the skills which will set them apart at the workplace.
The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean (UCC) in its quest to increase access to quality higher education in Jamaica, brings you another great opportunity to earn your Bachelor’s degree in general business administration. You have the choice of selecting your courses or modules so that your course of study is ideally completed through classes in the daytime, early-bird, evening, or on Sundays.
This degree has been developed by experienced educators to provide a comprehensive learning experience for each student. It is designed to provide you with valuable business and management skills, which will help you to succeed in the modern business environment. It emphasizes the development of the individual, through management strategies and critical thinking.
Graduates of the Business Administration program will be able to hold jobs in management, administration in small or large firms and are qualified for graduate degree studies.
Offers options of majors in:
- Business Administration
- Finance Management
- Accounting & Finance Management
- Information Systems Management
UCC Bachelor of Science degree programs are four-year programs. This may be reduced by up to two years, if a student gains Advanced Standing with an appropriate Associate of Science degree or equivalent qualification
The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean (UCC) is registered with and recognized by the University Council of Jamaica (UCJ) as a University College with the authority to offer academic degrees up to the Master's level. The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean has also been granted institutional accreditation by the University Council of Jamaica, effective November 11, 2019. Students who successfully complete a UCC academic degree are assured of graduating from an excellent academic program, provided by an institutionally accredited institution, which will be accepted anywhere in the world.
- To be unconditionally admitted to complete UCC undergraduate programs, individuals should possess a minimum of five (5) subjects at the GCE or CSEC level (including the mandatory English Language and Mathematics) at grades A, B, C, or 1, 2, 3 respectively. A CSEC pass at level 3 must have been obtained since 1998.
- Candidates who have a minimum of 4 CXCs can also apply pending the outstanding CXC subjects or can opt to do UCC replacement courses Core Mathematics, English for Academic Purpose and Fundamentals of Accounting.
- Candidates can opt to apply under the Mature Entry option. To be accepted, applicants must be working for 5 years or more and be at a minimum age of 25 years. Academic qualifications, a detailed resume, a job letter, and 3 professional references will be required
- Students with 8 CXC/GCE subjects including Mathematics and English Language at Grade 1 may be eligible for a 25% tuition waiver during the first year.
About the School
The University of the Commonwealth Caribbean (UCC) is Jamaica’s largest non-affiliate privately-held premier higher educational institution providing students with world-class educational programs and ... Read More