The preamble of the Decree of the Government of the Principality of Andorra of March 11, 2009, establishing the title, states that the Bachelor of Humanities was born as a response to the need to train professionals with general knowledge in the field of humanities and by This contains various subject areas. That is why it is intended that the Bachelor of Humanities degree , with its renewed contents, provides a training - both theoretically and fundamentally practical -, multidisciplinary and general, which is in line with the demand and current trends in the labor market, providing graduates with a versatile profile, adaptable to an increasingly diverse job offer, a fact that by itself already justifies the need for this training approach. With this, in short, it is intended that the title is better understood and valued by potential contractors.
Article 3 of the Decree of the Government of the Principality of Andorra of March 11, 2009, establishing the title, states that the Bachelor of Humanities grants the professional skills to perform tasks adapted to the following areas:
- Communication and information and communication technologies.
- Cultural Management.
- Interpretation and dissemination of heritage.
- Humanities and business.
- Development cooperation.
- Cultural tourism.
Training Competences of the degree
The Decree of the Government of the Principality of Andorra of March 11, 2009, establishing the degree, determines that the transversal and specific competences of the Bachelor of Humanities are the following:
- CT01. Communicate correctly, orally and in writing, both in their own languages and in others.
- CT02. Work as a team and in a network in a virtual environment.
- CT03. Acquire information search, management and use capabilities.
- CT04. Use and apply information and communication technologies in the academic and professional fields.
- CT05. Identify and exploit an opportunity, committing the necessary resources and assuming the risk that it entails, with the aim of developing a viable and sustainable project by itself in an existing organization.
- CT06. Learn, update and be able to constantly deepen knowledge.
- CE01. Analyze and critically interpret historical and current sociocultural transformations.
- CE02. Understand the sociocultural transformations of today's Andorra.
- CE03. Recognize one's own cultural tradition in its complexity.
- CE04. Recognize and interpret the complexity of cultural diversity.
- CE05. Recognize and interpret Andorran cultural heritage.
- CE06. Acquire skills to read reality from a multidisciplinary perspective.
- CE07. Understand the interrelationships between culture, science and technology.
- CE08. Identify and understand the processes of reproduction and social transformation in human interaction.
- CE09. Analyze and critically comment on literary works, putting them in relation to their social and cultural environment, and identifying influences from their context and connections between literature and other cultural manifestations.
- CE10. Analyze and interpret academic and professional texts: synthesize information from different oral, written and material sources, reconstruct facts and arguments, and present ideas.
- CE11. Use known languages, at their different levels, for communication purposes. Participate satisfactorily in intercultural interaction.
- CE12. Acquire skills for critical and self-critical thinking.
- CE13. Acquire skills for reflective and argumentative written communication, also in a virtual environment.
- CE14. Acquire skills for analysis and synthesis.
- CE15. Offer new perspectives in solving problems and challenges in the professional field.
- CE16. Define cultural projects and initiatives, organize events, interpret institutional cultural policies, through organizational, economic, legal and marketing management.
Structure of the Study Plan
First Year - 60 ECTS
- B0042-HUM The Classic Paradigm
- B0043-HUM Religious Beliefs and Ideas
- B0044-HUM The Time of the Cathedrals
- B0045-HUM The culture of the Renaissance
- B0046-HUM The Age of Enlightenment
Second Year - 60 ECTS
- B0047-HUM The Age of Revolutions
- B0048-HUM Rethinking the 20th Century
- B0049-HUM Global World Geographies
- B0050-HUM Social Landscape of Literature
- B0051-HUM Aesthetics and Phenomenology of the Arts
Third Year - 60 ECTS
- B0052-HUM The Civilization of Leisure
- B0053-HUM Anthropology of Culture and Traditions
- B0054-HUM Cultural Markets and Public Policies
- B0055-HUM Management of Cultural Projects
- Subject of free choice of the students
Access and Admission to the degree
Recommended access profile
The recommended personal profile to access the Bachelor of Humanities is that of people with intellectual concerns, interested in the social environment, and committed to culture. It is recommended that they have previously developed comprehensive and interpretive reading habits, as well as a certain practice in criticism and argumentation, which allows them a correct expression and synthesis of their ideas. The Bachelor of Humanities is especially recommended for people with the capacity for debate and the search for explanations, open and reflective thinking, creative attitude, and a positive assessment of artistic and cultural expressions in general.
Those interested in the degree must process the eUNIV Admission Application. No personal tests or admission interviews are conducted. The objective elements that are object of evaluation are the following:
- Average grade of the academic record of the degree provided for access: 1 point for Pass, 2 points for Notable, 3 points for Outstanding and 4 points for Honors.
- Official qualifications other than the one provided for access: 1 point for each one.
- Professional experience: 1 point for each accredited year in the field of teaching.
- Languages: 1 point for each language with an accredited level B-2 of the Common European Framework.
About the School
La eUniv es una institución privada de educación superior del Principado de Andorra autorizada por su Gobierno de acuerdo con la ley andorrana de universidades, para impartir estudios oficiales de bac ... Read More