The preamble of the Decree of the Government of the Principality of Andorra of February 10, 2009, establishing the degree, establishes that the objective of the Bachelor in Computer Science was born as a response to the need to train professionals with basic knowledge in the field of computer science , and contains various subject areas. For this reason, it is intended that the degree, with its contents, provide a theoretical and practical, multidisciplinary and general training, in line with the specificities of the Andorran market, providing graduates with a versatile profile and adaptable to an increasingly job offer diverse, which by itself already justifies the need for this training approach. With all this, it is intended, in short, that the title is better understood and valued by potential contractors.
Article 3 of the Decree of the Government of the Principality of Andorra of February 10, 2009, establishing the degree, establishes that obtaining the Bachelor's degree in Computer Science grants the professional skills to perform tasks adapted to the following areas:
- Development and coordination of computer applications (analysis, specifications, development, integration and implementation) in companies or as a free professional.
- Preparation of test sets and evaluation of the quality of the solutions.
- Provision of support and specialized technical service to the user.
- Administration of networks and communication systems.
- Administration of databases and systems.
Training Competences of the degree
Article 5 of the Decree of the Government of the Principality of Andorra of February 10, 2009, establishing the degree, establishes that the transversal and specific competences of the Bachelor in Computer Science are the following:
- CT01. Communicative, oral and written competence, in their own language and in English. This competence includes both the ability to analyze and synthesize speech.
- CT02. Interpersonal skills. It includes the skills of providing information adapted to the needs of the interlocutor, establishing fluent communication, and being able to work in interdisciplinary and networked teams.
- CT03. Use basic strategies to anticipate and resolve problems, conflicts and professional changes.
- CT04. Information management competence, which implies the ability to search, discriminate, manage and use information autonomously in a professional environment.
- CT05. Knowing how to apply both analysis and synthesis to organize and plan one's own task.
- CT06. Being able to use and apply ICTs in the academic and professional fields with ethical criteria.
- CT07. Be aware of the social, economic and legal repercussions of professional activities.
- CT08. Learn autonomously, update and constantly deepen knowledge.
- CT09. Interpret and apply knowledge in accordance with ethical values.
- CE01. Develop and coordinate computer applications: analysis, specifications, development, integration and implementation.
- CE02. Develop test sets and evaluate the quality of the solutions.
- CE03. Provide user support and service.
- CE04. Manage networks and communication systems.
- CE05. Manage databases and systems.
Structure of the Study Plan
First Year - 60 ECTS
- Programming I
- Data Analysis I
- Operating systems
Second Year - 60 ECTS
- Programming II
- Software applied to educational centers
- Data Analysis II
- Informatic security
Third Year - 60 ECTS
- Human learning methodologies and artificial intelligence
- Philosophy of technology
- Project and business management
- Bachelor's final project
- Subject of free choice of the students
Access and Admission to the degree
Recommended access profile
The personal profile recommended to access the Bachelor in Computer Science is that of a person interested in the most current technology, with critical capacities for abstraction, analysis, synthesis and search for information; Likewise, it is recommended that you have an interest in the international context, which implies a sufficient command of the standard English language in computing; The title is especially suitable for those who want to start their working life in an educational world in revolution, since the Bachelor has a specific innovative training, of which there are currently only two references in the university world; It is recommended, in general, for all those people with a vocation towards innovation and entrepreneurship, as it allows (also) to consider a future as a liberal professional.
Those interested in the degree must process the eUNIV Admission Application . No personal tests or admission interviews are conducted. The objective elements that are object of evaluation are the following:
- Average grade of the academic record of the degree provided for access: 1 point for Pass, 2 points for Notable, 3 points for Outstanding and 4 points for Honors.
- Official qualifications other than the one provided for access: 1 point for each one.
- Professional experience: 1 point for each accredited year in the field of teaching.
- Languages: 1 point for each language with an accredited level B-2 of the Common European Framework
About the School
La eUniv es una institución privada de educación superior del Principado de Andorra autorizada por su Gobierno de acuerdo con la ley andorrana de universidades, para impartir estudios oficiales de bac ... Read More