The BCom degree equips students with both theoretical and practical exposure preparing them for a professional, commercial environment. The BCom Degree will empower learners with skills and competencies necessary to function in both the private and public sector environments. This qualification will also cater to the career and economic needs of learners who are in employment and prepare learners for further post-graduate studies.
Learners are given an opportunity to choose a focus area in the following career paths:
- Project Management
- Health Management
- Information Technology
- Supply Chain Management
- Human Resource Management
- Risk Management
- Retail Management
Upon successful completion of the program, the student should be able to:
- Display the necessary knowledge, skills, attitudes, and applied competence to enable the demonstration of administrative proficiency.
- Display knowledge of management in general.
- Apply skills of rational judgment and planning.
- Recognize and appreciate changes within and around organizations.
- Make appropriate use of information technology.
- Analyze and solve operational problems.
- Display skills for the recording and processing of information.
- Display ethical behavior in a corporate management context.
- Possess the functional competence of a graduate to proceed to the middle management level within an organization.
trevoykellyphotography / Pixabay
Duration: 3 years
- Business Communication 101
- Statistics 102
- Business Management 1
- Accounting 1
- Economics 1
- Commercial Law 201
- Information Systems 202
- 2 Elective Modules
- Business Management 2
- International Business 302 or Taxation 302
- Entrepreneurship 301
- 2 Elective Modules that follow from year 2
- Business Management 3
- Economics 2 & 3
- Accounting 2 & 3
- Marketing 2 & 3
- Project Management 2 & 3
- Health Management 2 & 3
- Information Technology 2 & 3
- Supply Chain Management 2 & 3
- Human Resource Management 2 & 3
- Risk Management 2 & 3
- Retail Management 2 & 3
A national senior certificate with minimum Bachelor’s Degree admission or relevant NQF4 qualification or equivalent; ‘A’ or ‘O’ level certificates.
Applicants who do not meet the minimum requirements for admission to the respective undergraduate program, but have appropriate work experience, may apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) as a form of alternative admission to the program. Admissions via the RPL route are based on the candidate’s prior studies, age, work and management experience. All admissions are subject to the approval of the RBS Selection Committee.
About the School
REGENT is a Private Higher Education Institution located in the heart of the central business district and the industrial hub of Durban, one of the busiest port cities on the eastern seaboard of South ... Read More