The Bachelor of Commerce in Human Resource Management is an undergraduate qualification that provides an overview of management practice in a national and international context. The programme aims to develop conceptual understanding, synthesis and application of management and management theory for students wishing to progress in management careers. Furthermore, it aims to equip qualifying students with the knowledge and practical skills required to perform effectively in a Human Resource Management role as well as with an appropriate knowledge base as preparation for further learning. A qualification in Human Resource Management prepares the successful student to enter a wide range of careers, including Human Resource Manager, Human Resource Consultant, Industrial Relations Manager and Industrial Relations Consultant.
National senior certificate with minimum Bachelor's Degree admission or relevant NQF4 qualification or equivalent; 'A' or 'O' level certificates.
On completion of this qualification, graduates will be able to:
- Apply fundamental HR management principles in a work-based context.
- Utilise technology to communicate effectively.
- Conduct basic research.
- Manage information in a business management context.
- Display skills in written communication, planning, decision-making, and collaboration.
- Display in-depth knowledge of human resource management.
The minimum duration of this programme is three years.
- Business Management 101
- Business Communication
- Business Management 102
- Financial Accounting
- Commercial Law
- Recruitment, Selection and Talent Management
- Performance and Compensation Management
- Human Resource Information Systems
- Labour Relations
- Training and Development
- Organisational Development
- Change Management
- Contemporary Human Resource Management
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- International Human Resource Management
- Organisational Psychology
This school offers programs in:
Last updated July 6, 2016