The BBA in Marketing Communications and Social Media combines the theory and practice of Marketing with an understanding of the role of Communication in promoting business interests in a new-media environment. Students gain a foundation in the principles of consumer behavior, how markets for products and services are formed and change, and organizational responses to customer needs and preferences. The program aims to develop the rich mix of abilities required of effective Marketing executives, including analytical and data management skills, and advanced Communication skills of digital marketing strategy and the management of social media and online communities.
All students pursuing the Bachelor’s degree in Marketing Communications and Social Media must complete the following requirements: GENERAL EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS (42 ECTS) English and Communication (16 ECTS)
Introduction to Expository Writing
Business English Humanities (16 ECTS)
Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, History, or Political Sciences Mathematics (5 ECTS)
Statistics I Computer Science (5 ECTS)
Computer Fundamentals and Applications BUSINESS CORE REQUIREMENTS (77 ECTS)
- Introduction to Financial Accounting
- Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- Introduction to Business
- Finite Mathematics for Business
- Business Calculus and Applications
- International Business
- Innovation and Entrepreneurship
- Business Policy and Strategic Management
- Principles of Microeconomics
- Principles of Macroeconomics
- Essentials of Financial Analysis
- Business Law I
- Introduction to Marketing
- Principles of Management
- Organizational Behavior
MAJOR REQUIREMENTS (105 ECTS)
- Business Research
- Senior Project
- Advertising and Sales Promotion
- Fundamentals of Social Media
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Consumer Behaviour
- Selling and Sales Management
- Direct Marketing
- The Art of Persuasion
- Integrated Marketing Communications Campaigns
- Digital Communications Strategy
- Public Relations Management and Practice
MAJOR ELECTIVES (30 ECTS)
- Consumer Behavior and Social Media
- Professional Selling
- Brand Management
- Advertising and Symbolism
- Issues and Crisis Management and CSR
- Public Relations Audit-Project
- Event Management
FREE ELECTIVES (16 ECTS)
The Interdisciplinary Academic Recognition and Information Agency of Greece (DOATAP–Hellenic NARIC) and the Evaluation Committee of Private Universities (ECPU) of the Ministry of Education and Culture of the Republic of Cyprus.
- To develop the student’s capacity to think, write and speak effectively and creatively.
- To develop an appreciation of and respect for social, moral, and ethical values as the foundation of one’s relationship to others and one’s responsibilities to the community.
- To develop the student’s analytical, decision-making and communication competencies together with those qualities of self-reliance, responsibility, integrity, and self-awareness, which will promote personal achievement and contribution to organizations.
- To build breadth of perspective through the general education requirements and provide sufficient specialization to meet basic professional and career requirements.
- To provide the student with the necessary requirements for academic and/or career advancement.
- To provide students with a foundation in Business in general and all methods of communication in marketing, in particular.
- To provide a thorough study of each of the elements of the promotional mix, i.e. Advertising, Public Relations, Sales Promotion, Personal Selling and Direct Marketing.
- To provide an in-depth understanding as to why and how the elements of the communications mix are integrated.
- To provide the foundations of Social Media Marketing for students who want careers in the rapidly changing marketing communications field.
- To provide students with the knowledge and skills to design and implement an effective marketing communications campaign.
- To provide students with an in-depth knowledge of the role of marketing communications and the process of developing relationships with stakeholders.
- To center attention directly on the skills and knowledge required by Marketing Communication professionals and to help students acquire knowledge and develop skills in a systematic way.
- To assist the students in developing leadership capabilities, which can be used in reaching solutions to problems of Business in general, and in the marketing communications field in particular.
- Demonstrate awareness and capability of analyzing environmental (economic, social, political, legal, and technological) trends and their impact on individuals and businesses.
- Critically evaluate and apply concepts, techniques, strategies, and theories from any appropriate discipline in business contexts
- Demonstrate their ability to communicate effectively in business situations through speaking, writing, and by use of electronic media.
- Differentiate and analyze consumer data sources and collection methods via an empirical research approach.
- Describe the application of manual and computer-based quantitative and qualitative tools and methodologies in identifying and solving problems and making decisions in business situations.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of each element of the communications mix and the importance of integrating them.
- Apply knowledge from business and communication disciplines to develop an effective integrated communications plan in the dynamic environment.
- Describe the coordination of the production of visually effective print, graphic, and electronic communications.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of Social Media principles and how these platforms are re-formulating business communications.
- Demonstrate the capability of building and maintaining professional relationships with the various audiences of the organization.
- Project the ability to work in accordance with the professional ethics, standards, practices and the relevant laws.
- Demonstrate the ability to build teams and work effectively within them.
Graduates of the program Marketing Communications and Social Media use their knowledge to create and promote the corporate image of an organization. Through the knowledge gained they can use various means of communication to convey targeted and correct messages to their customers for the products or services they offer. The graduates will also learn how to develop relationships with customers and various stakeholders through both traditional networking and social media platforms. Skills
- Communication skills
- Problem Solving
- Excellent computer use
- Analysis and Research
- Organization and Efficiency
- Initiative and Creativity
- Public and Private
- Communication Officer
- Press Representative
- Officer Public Relations and Marketing
Graduate / Professional Studies International organizations may request additional academic qualifications a Master of Business Administration (MBA) or another post-graduate diploma in a particular field of communication. For a career in the academic field and in higher education, it is desirable to have a doctorate (Ph.D.) which also offers experience and skills directly linked to research. Work Experience Program - European University Cyprus The work experience of the Career Center program enables third-year and fourth-year students with high academic achievement to work for three months period in positions appropriate to their field of study. The program enriches the curriculum of each participant, after acquiring work experience and Personal Evaluation of Competence of the organization in which he or she is placed. Some of the companies that participate in the program of Marketing Communications and Social Media in which students were placed are:
- Abacus Ltd
- AC Nielsen
- Airtrans Group Ltd
- Alico AIG Life
- Aspen Trust
- Atlantis Consulting
- BKR Damianou & Partners
- Carob Mill Ltd
- Cyprus Trading Corporation Limited
- FBME BANK LTD (Federal Bank of the Middle East Ltd)
- Infocredit Group
- Lanitis E.C. Holfings Ltd
- Lanitis Freen Energy Group Ltd
- Liberty Life Insurance Company
- N.P. Lanitis Ltd
- New Nissan Cyprus Ltd
- TFI Markets
- Thomson Reuters
- MTN (Cyprus)
- GrantXpert Consulting Ltd
- Cyprus Department of Labour (Employment Market Section)
- WorkForce Cyprus
- RTD Talos
- Penta Marketing Art
- O. Shambartas LLC
- Copy of High School Leaving Certificate
- One passport-size photograph
- Proof of English proficiency, which includes one of the following:
- Undergraduate instruction and coursework in English
- The Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) examination with a minimum score of 600 (paper-based total) or 250 (computer-based total)
- IELTS examination with a score of 7.0
- English language IGCSE O’ Level with grade of B or above
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 24, 2017