- Develop a broad skill set in brand management, advertising, retailing, strategic marketing, market research, as well as business intelligence and analytics.
- Explore consumer psychology and the scientific laws of brand growth.
- Be guided by experts who conduct world-class research at the Ehrenberg-Bass Institute for Marketing Science and advise global brands like P&G, Nestle and ESPN.
- Combine creative thinking with data analysis to create marketing strategies that achieve organisational goals.
- University of South Australia is a global leader in Brand Management research1
- University of South Australia Business School is in the top one per cent worldwide2 and has been awarded an overall five stars for excellence in the QS Stars Ratings 2018.
- Ranked in the Top 10 nationally for Business and Economics3
1AFR BOSS Magazine, April 2018 - League of Scholars.
2University of South Australia Business School is one of just nine institutions in Australia and 180 globally to be accredited by EQUIS (from over 16,500 worldwide). EFMD, February 2019.
32019 THE Subject Rankings.
Study a 100% online Marketing degree designed specifically for online learning. Take full control over your study - access support seven days a week, plan your study to fit around your life, view learning resources 24/7, and log into the interactive online environment anywhere, any time and on any device.
Digital technology is changing the marketing landscape which means it's an exciting time to join the industry. With a focus on providing leading-edge marketing knowledge and real industry experience, this is a versatile degree that will prepare you for a wide range of careers.
From marketing strategy, advertising, and media planning & buying, to sales, and marketing research and analytics – you'll gain a broad range of skills which will open up a world of opportunity when you graduate. You'll come out with the skills to make smart marketing decisions - you'll learn to communicate with different target audiences, create strategies to grow revenue, build customer loyalty, as well as analyse brand performance and advertising metrics.
What you'll learn
With a focus on providing leading-edge marketing knowledge and real industry experience, University of South Australia Online’s Bachelor of Business (Marketing) is a versatile degree that will prepare you for a wide range of careers.
This degree gives you a solid understanding of business fundamentals before moving into your marketing specialisation, where you’ll focus on areas such as consumer behaviour, market research and analysis, as well as advertising and brand management.
As a graduate, you’ll come out with the skills to make smart marketing decisions - you'll learn to communicate with different target audiences, create strategies to grow revenue, build customer loyalty, as well as analyse brand performance and advertising metrics.
Throughout your studies, you'll learn via real case studies, consumer purchase data and the latest research from some of the world’s largest brands - so your degree is highly relevant and valued by industry.
Please note, courses may not be displayed in order of study.
- Critical Approaches to Online Learning
- Business and Society
- Marketing Principles: Trading and Exchange
- Business Law
- Quantitative Methods for Business
- Professional Development in Marketing OR Elective
- Principles of Economics
- Accounting for Business
- Consumer Behaviour
- Marketing Analytics
- Market Research
- Business Intelligence
- Business Operations
- Management and Organisation
- Strategic Management
- Essentials of Marketing Planning
- Integrated Marketing
- International Business Environments
- Elective X3
Study Marketing 100% online
Monica Orlovic, Lecturer: School of Marketing gives an insight into what the Marketing degree is about, and how the degree has been designed to suit busy adults on the go.
Why Bachelor of Business (Marketing)
This degree is underpinned by the latest, most advanced marketing research. In fact, our research in the area of marketing is recognised as above world-class1. We're also a global leader in Brand Management research2.
University of South Australia is linked to two world-class academic research institutes, the Ehrenberg-Bass Institute for Marketing Science and the Institute for Choice - our teachers are world-famous marketing experts.
Allied with University of South Australia, the Ehrenberg-Bass Institute has more than 50 marketing scientists who make fundamental discoveries about how brands grow and buyers behave. As a student, you’ll have the opportunity to learn from researchers and marketing scientists who have advised some of the world's biggest brands.
Employers value the practical skills that our students develop. Throughout your studies, you'll learn via real case studies, consumer purchase data and the latest research from global brands - so your degree is highly relevant and valued by industry.
12015 Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
2AFR BOSS Magazine, April 2018 – League of Scholars
Employers are looking for savvy business professionals who can create integrated campaigns that cut through the clutter, build meaningful relationships with customers, improve their competitive advantage and achieve organisational objectives.
A career in marketing can take you in several different directions – from traditional advertising and PR through to digital design and SEO. Having a broad skill set will be invaluable to your career. However, you may choose to hone your expertise in a more specialised role.
A University of South Australia Online Marketing degree can help you pursue the following careers:
- Market analyst: perform research and gather data to help a company market its products or services; gather data on consumer demographics, preferences, needs and buying habits; monitor and forecast marketing and sales trends, measure the effectiveness of marketing activities and strategies; and devise methods for collecting data, such as surveys, questionnaires and opinion polls.
- Media planner: combine creative thinking with factual analysis to develop effective marketing campaigns; identify the best mediums for building brand awareness and increasing sales; undertake research and analyse data using specialist industry resources; identify target audiences and analyse their characteristics, behaviour and media habits; and manage client relationships.
- Brand manager: plan and develop marketing strategies to increase the value and performance of a specific brand, service or product; monitor market trends and oversee advertising and marketing activities to ensure the right message is delivered; and create brand style guidelines for an organisation.
- Digital marketer: develop and manage digital marketing campaigns and projects; optimise website content for best SEO results; manage reporting dashboards, paid search and marketing automation strategies; and develop social media strategies for an organisation.
- Marketing and communications officer: plan, develop and produce marketing and communication materials for online and print; monitor social media activity and respond to comments and enquiries; write and distribute media releases; develop reports and track ROI for marketing and advertising campaigns; develop eDM communications and landing pages; and ensure all marketing activities align with an organisation’s brand style guide.
This program has been evaluated and accredited by the Australian Marketing Institute (AMI). Gaining AMI accreditation represents one of several processes ensuring this program provides graduates with an appropriate set of knowledge and skills required by employers within the marketing-related field.
English Language Requirements
- IELTS total [6.0]
- IELTS reading [6.0]
- IELTS writing [6.0]
- IELTS speaking [6.0]
- IELTS listening [6.0]
As a general rule of thumb, any desktop or laptop computer purchased in the past three years should be capable of meeting your online learning needs. While mobile devices such as tablets and smartphones will be able to access most of your online course content, there are likely to be elements of most courses where we recommend you use a desktop or laptop computer. Your computer should be able to:
- run a modern browser (Internet Explorer 10, Firefox 24, Safari 5, or Chrome 32 or later versions)
- run Java and in some cases Flash (devices running on Apple's iOS operating system, such as iPads, iPhones, do not run Flash)
- run programs to create documents, spreadsheets and presentations
- use a web camera and headset (or ear pods with microphone)
- Some University of South Australia Online degrees require an online exam. The online exam software – Remote Proctor Now – has specific capability requirements. Please refer to the system requirements prior to conducting your exam to ensure your computer is compatible.
Access free IT software and resources
As a University of South Australia Online student, you'll:
- Get free access to the full Office 365 ProPlus suite, which includes full versions of Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, Access and Lync software. Install the full suite on up to five different devices (PC and Mac compatible).
- Get 1Tb of personal storage that syncs with your PC or mobile device through OneDrive - it's like an extra hard drive that allows you to open any of your files from any of your devices, whenever you need them.
- Get free access to Lynda.com - Access more than 5000 video courses on a broad range of topics such as the Microsoft Office suite, time management and study skills, health and wellbeing, communication and presentation skills, photography, film making and designing your own games or mobile apps.
- Be able to connect with others using Skype for Business, Yammer and the Outlook Web App.
There are some degrees that have specialised software requirements. We've made this software available to students to access for free - you'll be able to download and install any of the required programs on your own device anywhere and anytime.
How to apply
The application process is easy – just follow these simple steps:
1. Submit an online enquiry
If you're ready to apply, the first step is to fill out and submit our online enquiry form. Here you'll be asked a series of questions to see if you're eligible. Following your online enquiry, one of our Degree Advisers will contact you at your preferred time to discuss the application process.
2. Speak to a Degree Adviser and start your application
If you're eligible, you'll receive an email outlining the entry requirements and the relevant documentation you need in order to be considered.
In order to verify your academic qualifications, you'll need to upload relevant documents like your official parchment, certificates or transcripts. If you have work experience, you will need to upload your CV as well as any other documents like work references, professional recognition or accreditation or your training certification.
Your email will contain information on the specific documents you need to provide as well as a link to begin your application. You'll be asked to create an account and set your own password.
3. Complete your application and send through your documents
In order to proceed with your conditional offer, you’ll need to complete your application and provide the required evidence of your previous study or work experience.
CRICOS Provider No. 00121B
About the School
The University of South Australia’s 100% online degrees give you full control and flexibility over your study choices. With more than 25 years of experience providing online and distance education, yo ... Read More