You are not required to submit a TOEFL exam result in order to apply and be admitted into the University.
The knowledge and skills imparted by CalSouthern’s Bachelor of Arts in Psychology (BA) degree program promote both personal and professional growth. You’ll develop the ability to survey and synthesize complex information, hone your critical reasoning abilities, and refine verbal and written communication skills as you study the humanities, mathematics and the natural sciences. Psychology course options include human development, cognition, abnormal psychology, human sexuality, behavior modification, and many others.
4 Years (full-time status)
With maximum transfer credits and by taking courses simultaneously, learners can complete the degree program in as few as 10 months. Or, learners can proceed at a more leisurely pace and complete the program in six years or more.
Earning Your Bachelor’s in Psychology at CalSouthern
The Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Psychology has been one of the nation’s most popular undergraduate degrees for decades—and for good reason. It’s a wonderfully balanced degree that imparts knowledge and skills well-suited for a wide variety of careers and graduate school options. It gives students a well-rounded grounding in science and human behavior. It requires higher-order reasoning, as well as an ability to read and synthesize complex information effectively, and hones students’ oral and written communication skills.
CalSouthern’s online bachelor’s degree in psychology combines general education courses with required psychology courses and psychology-related elective courses. Graduates will have broad-based exposure to the humanities, mathematics, and the natural and social sciences, as well as an in-depth and multi-faceted exploration of psychology, from abnormal psychology, human development and cognition, to behavior modification, the psychology of human sexuality, and marriage and family issues.
Once enrolled in CalSouthern’s online bachelor’s in psychology degree program, Learners will benefit from all of the university’s educational resources, including an online library with access to many of the most popular and robust article databases, thousands of full-text e-books, more than 400 hours of video devoted to psychotherapy, and a wealth of research and writing tools. There’s even an American Library Association-accredited librarian on staff to help you find everything you need. And the faculty in CalSouthern’s School of Behavioral Sciences is comprised of dedicated educators who are skilled in online education and who are also practicing health care providers, eager to get to know you and make your education experience as relevant to your career goals as possible.
Online education is different at CalSouthern. You’ll develop relationships with your professors. You’ll have personal academic advisors—highly educated and experienced mental health professionals themselves—to guide you through your degree program. And the entire administration and staff—even the deans of the School of Behavioral Sciences—are accessible, responsible, and eager to provide any support you might need as you earn your BA in psychology.
The program learning outcomes of the Bachelor of Arts in Psychology degree program are:
Demonstrate the ability to interact with others by utilizing both oral and written forms of communication to express one’s understanding of the foundations of psychology.
Examine evidence carefully from introductory psychological theory and research, and interpret this information while employing primary concepts of validity, reliability, and reason.
Identify and explain the impact that cultural and social beliefs have on personal ethics, values, and worldviews.
Understand technical information, differentiate between its various sources, and demonstrate the ability to both locate and summarize it effectively.
Select key principles and findings from formal academic sources and integrate them with personal experiences in a meaningful way that relates to individual life goals.
Apply basic logic, mathematical reasoning, and statistical analysis to problem solving, drawing logical conclusions and decision making.
Differentiate between scientific and non-scientific observations and conclusions to generate empirically based arguments and predictions.
Recognize key ethical, legal, and professional issues, identifying and distinguishing between basic moral developmental perspectives
Additional Content Specific Competencies
Identify fundamental theories of individual assessment from multiple perspectives.
Demonstrate how brain structure and function influence human behavior, cognition, emotion, and actions
Summarize the fundamental theories of learning, cognition, memory, and motivation, and how they explain human behavior.
The online psychology courses that comprise the Bachelor of Arts (BA) degree program at CalSouthern are listed below. In addition to a selection of general education courses, the program includes required and elective psychology courses as well as general electives.Required Core Courses
- UNIV 2000 University Success Online - 3 Credits
- PSY 2300 Introduction to Psychology - 3 Credits
- PSY 2301 Theories and Techniques of Counseling & Psychotherapy - 3 Credits
- PSY 2302 Basic Abnormal Psychology - 3 Credits
- PSY 2303 Introduction to Human Development - 3 Credits
- PSY 2504 Fundamentals of Research Methodology - 3 Credits
- PSY 2505 Cognition and the Brain - 3 Credits
- PSY 2400 Introduction to Social Psychology - 3 Credits
- PSY 2403 Ethical and Professional Issues - 3 Credits
- CAP 2400 Capstone Project - 3 Credits
- PSY 2101 Introduction to Human Sexual Behavior - 3 Credits
- PSY 2102 Introduction to Theories & Techniques of Group Counseling - 3 Credits
- PSY 2103 Introduction to Forensic Psychology - 3 Credits
- PSY 2106 Psychology of Communication - 3 Credits
- PSY 2107 Intercultural Psychology - 3 Credits
- PSY 2306 Foundations of Addiction - 3 Credits
- PSY 2307 The Physiology and Pharmacology of Substance Abuse - 3 Credits
- PSY 2308 Counseling and Treatment of the Chemically Dependent - 3 Credits
- PSY 2309A Ethical and Professional Issues in Addiction Counseling - 3 Credits
- PSY 2316 Personal and Professional Growth - 3 Credits
- PSY 2318 Culture and Diversity in Addiction Counseling - 3 Credits
- PSY 2317 Individual, Family and Group Counseling - 3 Credits
- PSY 2507 Case Management: Assessment, Treatment Planning, Relapse Prevention and Aftercare - 3 Credits
- PSY 2404 Crisis Intervention - 3 Credits
- PSY 2405 Introduction to Behavior Modification - 3 Credits
- PSY 2408 Current Issues in Psychology and Health - 3 Credits
- PSY 2409 Marriage and Family - 3 Credits
- PSY 2410 Psychology of Adjustment - 3 Credits
- PSY 2411 Psychology in Business - 3 Credits
Getting started on your Bachelor of Arts in Psychology is quick and simple. No entrance examinations are required. Courses start every month! You may begin your program as soon as your schedule permits. Just complete these four steps:
- Complete your enrollment application.
- Complete and sign a verification form confirming your high school graduation.
- Pay your $75 application fee.
- Upon acceptance, sign your enrollment agreement.
Once the signed enrollment agreement is received, you’ll be contacted by your academic support team including your academic advisor and student success advisor. They will confirm the start date for your first course and walk you through a quick, but thorough orientation process that will give you all the information you need to get started. And they will be there for you every step of the way to ensure that you successfully complete your degree program.
About the School
California Southern University is a regionally accredited, online university offering degrees in psychology, business, criminal justice and nursing at the associate, bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral ... Read More