The Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Business Management in the Global Economy with emphasis in Marketing prepares individuals to face the marketing management and administrative challenges encountered in the current high-tech global environment. The core courses in the program are designed to provide the student with the statistical analysis, economics, business law, accounting and finance knowledge and skills to identify and analyze business issues; the marketing abilities to develop functional solutions and manage the resources to implement and maintain those solutions. The general education components of the program augment these abilities from the obvious courses in technical writing, business psychology, and safety and health in the workplace, to the indirect influences of political and environmental science.
Upon completion of this program, the graduate should be able to:
- Identify current and potential marketing issues and concerns in an organization.
- Determine the sources of impending and future strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to the organization, specifically in the area of marketing.
- Use marketing research, statistical, economic, accounting, and finance tools to analyze and quantify those concerns.
- Present quantitative and technical issues with clear and concise methods.
- Apply best practices and marketing skills to formulate solutions and develop successful plans.
- Create and implement marketing plans and solutions.
- Evaluate the potential external, political, social, legal, and environmental marketing issues.
- Employ current and developing technologies to facilitate, manage, and grow a marketing department.
- Identify national and global markets and implement programs to develop them.
Upon successfully completing this program the graduate may qualify to manage or direct a moderate to large marketing department in a corporation or large private company. Graduates will possess the knowledge and skills to integrate the latest and developing marketing technologies and techniques, such as social media marketing, and a global online presence; as well as incorporating these techniques into a safe, environmentally friendly, global workplace.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 12, 2017