Program Description The Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Business Management in the Global Economy prepares individuals to face the management and administrative challenges encountered in the current high-tech global environment. The core courses in the program are designed to provide the student with the statistical analysis, economics, business law, accounting and finance knowledge and skills to identify and analyze business issues; the marketing abilities to develop functional solutions, and the management disciplines to implement and maintain those solutions. The general education components of the program augment these abilities from the obvious courses in technical writing, business psychology, and safety and health in the workplace, to the indirect influences of political and environmental science. Admissions Requirements Associate degree in Business Administration and Information Technology from American Business and Technology University or an Associate degree in the similar field from any other appropriately accredited college or university. Students who have an Associate degree in the non-related field will be required to take an additional 9 college credit hours of introductory business and finance courses (identified below). Transcripts will be evaluated by ABTU to determine if the prerequisites have been satisfied, before enrollment. The prerequisites must be satisfied before subsequent beginning courses of the BAS program; however, the student can begin bachelor’s level courses of which specific independent prerequisites are not required. Program Outcomes Upon completion of this program, the graduate should be able to:
- Identify current and potential issues and concerns in an organization.
- Determine the sources of impending and future strengths, weaknesses, opportunities, and threats to the organization.
- Use statistical, economic, accounting, and finance tools to analyze and quantify those concerns.
- Present quantitative and technical issues with clear and concise methods.
- Apply best practices and marketing skills to formulate solutions and develop succession plans.
- Devise plans and solutions using proven management techniques.
- Evaluate the potential external, political, social, legal, and environmental business concerns.
- Employ current and developing technologies to facilitate and grow a business.
- Identify national and global markets and implement programs to develop them.
- Outline a plan for implementing a safe and healthy work environment.
Potential Employment Upon successfully completing this program the graduate may qualify to manage or direct a small to medium size business or a moderate to a large department in a corporation. Graduates will possess the knowledge and skills to integrate the latest and developing technologies, such as social media marketing, and a global online presence; as well as incorporating these techniques into a safe, environmentally friendly, global workplace.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 29, 2017