- Duration (years): 4
- Qualification Awarded: Bachelor of Education in Pre-Primary Education
- Level of Qualification: 1st Cycle (Bachelor’s Degree)
- Language of Instruction: Greek
- Mode of Study: Distance Learning
- Minimum ECTS Credits: 240
Profile of the Programme
The general aim of the programme is to prepare pre-primary teachers for teaching children between the ages of 3 and 6. This means that the candidate teacher should acquire the necessary knowledge and skills and at the same time, plan his/her attitudes that will enable him/her on the one hand, to organize the proper student environment for the cognitive development of children between the ages of 3-6, and on the other hand, to help their development in the social, emotional and moral field. Both the content of the lessons as well as their methodology aim at leading the reflective teacher- educator who is capable of rethinking and self-judging his/her decisions and who has the ability and disposition for corrective action.
The graduates of this programme will be employed in Public and Private Pre-primary Schools
Access to Further Studies
Graduates of the programme can be accepted into Second Cycle degrees (Master’s Degree).
Course assessment usually comprises of a comprehensive final exam and continuous assessment. Continuous assessment can include amongst others, midterms, projects, and class participation. Letter grades are calculated based on the weight of the final exam and the continuous assessment and the actual numerical marks obtained in these two assessment components. Based on the course grades the student’s semester grade point average (GPA) and cumulative point average (CPA) are calculated.
The student must complete 240 ECTS and all programme requirements. A minimum cumulative grade point average (CPA) of 2.0 is required. Thus, although a ‘D-‘ is a PASS grade, in order to achieve a CPA of 2.0 an average grade of ‘C’ is required.
On completion of the programme the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate the theoretical bases of education and instructive work by studying the historical and philosophical dimensions of teaching and learning.
- Analyze basic concepts, principles, and generalizations of the Educational Science, and therefore, will understand how these set the limits for the organization and application of the instructive work.
- Acquire the teaching skills required for an effective organization, conduction and evaluation of teaching in a pre-primary level.
- Demonstrate the theoretical bases of education and instructive work by studying the psychological and social dimensions of teaching and learning.
- Predict the role of the school in the modern world and in particular his mission to help children develop in various sectors.
- Acquire all those skills needed to help the student develop their self-energy, critical thinking and creativity.
- Develop research skills and a spirit of free pursuance of knowledge.
- Be in a position to operate as a factor of social life improvement and general development of his future working environment.
- Be able teachers to teach effectively all children.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 17, 2018