This IT and Computing Undergraduate degree offered by Schellhammer Business School is designed to not only equip students with the skills needed from Top Up to a full Undergraduate Degree and on to becoming an IT professional but offers maximum study options flexibility.
Since Level 4 modules and assignments of this program (120 credits) are equivalent to the first year of a University Degree and the Level 5 modules and assignments (120 credits) are equivalent to the second year of a University Degree, students can choose to complete their second or third and final year of an associated Undergraduate degree in IT and Computing, on-campus at Schellhammer Business School or a UK university. A variety of alternative distance learning options also exist.
Each module consists of approximately 40 guided learning hours of material with an additional 30-50 hours of optional learning material. These materials comprise recommended exercises, recommended readings and internet resources.
To enroll in the Level 4 course, you must be at least 18 and have a full secondary education. Before enrolling on to the Level 5 program, you must complete Level 4 or equivalent.
Level 4 Module Listing
- Introduction to Computing
- Introduction to Programming
- Introduction to Databases
- Requirements Engineering
- Systems Analysis and Design
- E-Commerce Applications
- Human-Computer Interaction
- IT and Society
- Information Systems Project Management
- Management Information Systems
Level 5 Module Listing
- Innovative Technologies in Computing
- Computing Research Methods
- Software Development Methodologies
- Computing Project Planning
- Strategic Management of Information Systems
- Ethical, Legal and Professional Issues in IT
- Network Design and Management
- Web-Based Development
- Cyber Security
- Advanced Databases
The Level 4/5 IT and Computing Program is made up of 10 modules and 10 written assignments at each level. On completion of the modules, students will be given access to the assignments that are approximately 5,000-8,000 words each.