We are a UK based provider of online education, accessible worldwide in 3 different languages.
Why a Bachelor's Degree in Design?
The design has never been so important. It is part of our everyday life as we can stumble upon it in every product we use, the websites we browse or the apps we install on our smartphones.
London School of Design and Marketing's Bachelor in Design will help you build a career in the creative world and maybe the boost you need to reach new goals, release your creative side and create powerful projects which inspire and motivate people. Our Bachelor in Design is based on three key points:
- Knowledge: a contemporary and extensive comprehension of concepts, tools, history and design methods in general, as well as the links between the key areas of activity;
- Skills: ability to successfully create, plan, implement and manage projects using the acquired knowledge acquired;
- Attitude: developing personal features, such as flexibility, empathy, realism, and entrepreneurship.
LSDM's Bachelor's Degree in Design is exclusively online and is available in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
London School of Design and Marketing
Where Passion Becomes a Profession
OVERVIEW OF THE COURSE
Our Bachelor in Design has been conceived for those who wish to acquire new skills, knowledge and find new solutions when developing new propositions for global issues in Design. Our course plan has been outlined based on a strategic decision through a multidisciplinary attitude in global markets.
Our Bachelor in Design prepares professionals for several Design areas, offering an advanced and comprehensive higher education, coordinated and supported by the latest developments in the scientific and technological fields. The course plan for LSDM's Bachelor's degree in Design has been developed and divided into three separate stages:
The first stage, which corresponds to the first year of our course, aims to prepare LSDM's students for several Design areas through the contemporary and extensive comprehension of concepts, tools, history and design methods in general. It also aims to comprehend the links between the key areas of activity (such as communication, interaction, and product design) through the development of a comprehensive overview of the topics associated with the design's mission, its interaction with the markets and its role in society.
The second stage, which corresponds to the second year of our course, aims to instill solid skills for the development and implementation of projects. These skills are structured around the main areas of communication concept, interactive design, and product design. The students will be able to:
- Identify and analyze: analyze the environment in which problem-solving takes place, think creatively, identify the conditions and goals associated with problem-solving and identify the necessary resources and skills;
- Make choices: make decisions, understand the associated uncertainties and risks, foresee future implications of the decisions and develop argumentative capacity;
- Integrate: processes and the diversity of interests simultaneously with the increase of flexibility and innovation;
- Implement: planning and organization, a creation of suitable environments, implementation, and control, development of creative skills in the project design and execution stages.
The third stage, which corresponds to the third year of our course, aims to establish the knowledge acquired in previous course units and progress with self-confidence, realism, and entrepreneurship. In this stage, LSDM's students will develop their final course project through the following skills:
- Flexibility: being able to deal with a variety of design projects and adjust to changing circumstances as a multi-skilled professional and willing to work in a multidisciplinary team;
- Empathy: being able to understand and argue different points of view;
- Realism: making a quick assessment of their own skills and performance skills at any moment, relying on their own expertise and performance;
- Entrepreneurship: ability to create, develop and sell an idea, visual work, product or service.
Our teaching staff is composed of qualified, experienced and reputable teachers. Besides the Doctorate level academic degree, they present well-established professional careers, connecting the academic component with the job market.
LSDM's students are supervised on a weekly basis through a Tutor Centre composed of a team of specialized tutors in Design, with Master's degrees and several years of proven experience. Our Tutor Centre is also available in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
Targets and Professionals Outlets
Our Bachelor's degree in Design is intended for students, professionals, artists or freelancers with ambition or an established career in advertising (art directors, producers or designers), visual design, communication design, graphic design and interactive design (designers, producers, team leaders, art directors or creative directors). The students of our Bachelor in Design will have the opportunity to work in visual agencies (advertising, design) or companies of product design, communication design, and interactive design, among others.
Our Bachelor's Degree in Design is 100% online, designed for learning in accordance with our students' availability, without a fixed timetable. In other words, LSDM's students can define when or where they can access our contents. Only the final assignments and specific presentations will be scheduled in a fixed timetable, which will be reported in due time to LSDM's students.
In about 30 months, LSDM's students will have completed our Bachelor's degree in Design accredited by the University for the Creative Arts (UCA), one of the top specialized universities in the United Kingdom.
Teaching and learning methods used in this course:
- Taught in English, Spanish and Portuguese.
- Course with 3 levels and a total of 26 curricular units;
- The units’ content is asynchronous and organised by weekly topics;
- You can access to the content whenever and wherever you want;
- Our Tutor Centre functions as a support and interaction tool for our students;
- Online resources (such as lectures, seminars and discussions, tutorials and feedback sessions, forums, online discussion groups and practical exercises).
Program taught in: