If the business is society's engine, Mercy College can put you in the driver’s seat. We’ll get you prepared for the complex workings of businesses and how they relate to the environment. And help you plan, organize, lead and control the direction your organization will take.
When it comes to faculty, Mercy stands out. You’ll benefit from both leaders in business highly esteemed instructors. All of whom not only have a strong grasp of the theoretical components of today's business institutions but are also accomplished professionals with years of experience.
Programs in business and accounting are offered at three levels: Associate, Bachelor, and Master's degrees.
Business Administration: General Business Fast Facts
- Active-learning model
- Strategic Consulting Institute - Real projects for real companies
- Investing Center - Live trading in the market
- Center for Online Marketing - Website Design, Social Media
- Center for Entrepreneurship - Start a real business
- Center for International - Travel to businesses abroad
- Center for Leadership - Communicate, Inspire, transform
- Mentoring by executives from top global companies
- Fortune 500 network
- Advisory Board Member Companies - GE, BlackRock, Apple, Pepsi
By the end of this program, students should be able to:
- Evaluate the effects of globalization on the business environment.
- Recognize and evaluate ethical issues in business.
- Utilize business concepts, methods, procedures, and management information systems to facilitate strategic planning and decision making.
- Use oral, written, and presentation skills to communicate effectively in the professional business environment.
- Function effectively as team members and, where appropriate, as team leaders.
Business Administration: General Business B.S. Curriculum
General Liberal Arts and Sciences
General Education Requirements 60 Credits
ECON 125, 210, 220, 221, and 230, MATH 116 and MATH/CISC 120 are prerequisites for the major and must be used to fulfill general education requirements.
Core and Specialization
- Business Administration Core 27 Credits
- Specialization 18 Credits
- Open Electives 15 Credits
Total of 120 Credits
Students who choose the major concentration in Business Administration with a specialization in General Business must complete:
Business Administration Core
- ACCT 120 Intro to Financial Accounting
- ACCT 121 Intro to Management Accounting
- FINC 235 Financial Management
- INBU 250 International Business
- BLAW 240 Business Law I
- MGMT 225 Principles of Management
- MGMT 255 Info Systems for Mgmnt or ACCT 261 Computer App for Accountants
- MGMT 340 Organizational Behavior or ENTR 250 Social Entrepreneurship
- MKTG 220 Principles of Marketing
Four additional courses numbered 295 or higher selected from Accounting (ACCT), Entrepreneurship (ENTR), Finance (FINC), International Business (INBU), Management (MGMT), Marketing (MKTG), or Sports Management (SPMG),
- MGMT 450 App Res Analysis Management (mandatory for specialization)
- MGMT 460 Strategic Management (senior-level capstone course - mandatory)
Any five courses.
* There is a 15-credit residency requirement in the specialization, which must be satisfied by Business Administration courses numbered 295 or above, or Accounting courses numbered 240 or above.
*Students who do not have full-time jobs should try to use their open electives for internships.
Career OpportunitiesBusiness Administration graduates may seek positions such as financial advisor, marketing manager, sales representative, bank branch manager, and systems analyst.
About the School
Mercy offers more than 90 undergraduate and graduate degree and certificate programs within five schools: Business, Education, Health and Natural Sciences, Liberal Arts and Social and Behavioral Scien ... Read More