Bachelor in Business (Finance) (BA Hons)
The Anglia Ruskin University BA (Hons) Business (Finance) can be studied as a full three-year honours degree or final year top-up for holders of a BTEC Level 5 HND in a relevant subject or equivalent.You will develop skills and understanding specific to financial and management accounting and the role of financial specialists as sources of management information for effective decision making. You will also develop a range of transferrable skills that will aid you as you pursue a business career or further relevant study.
Awarding Body: Anglia Ruskin University
You will acquire knowledge, understanding and a range of practical skills relating to key business disciplines which are applicable to a range of commercial and non-commercial sectors, and in a variety of geographical and cultural settings. More specifically, you will develop skills and understanding specific to financial and management accounting and the role of financial specialists as sources of management information for effective decision making. You will also develop a range of transferrable skills that will aid you as you pursue a business career or further relevant study.
Duration of Programme
This course is expected to be completed within 6 years. However, our online distance learning students have flexibility in setting their own pace of study, which means that the course can be completed in a minimum period of 3 years.
RDI’s virtual learning environment ilearn is used to deliver all resources for this course including:
- Study materials - Access electronic copies of your learning materials and important information, such as assessment instructions, whenever and wherever you are.
- Tutor support - Tutors use live chats and forums to stimulate discussions, request input and highlight external sources.
- External resources - Links to external sources can include key journal articles, your university’s online library, sites of topical interest, etc.
- Discussion with other students - Forums allow students to come together, share thoughts and ideas and you can initiate topics that you want to discuss with your fellow students.
We recommend an average of 12 hours study time per week for this programme.
For the full degree:
- Two ‘A’ level passes (or equivalent) and three GCSE passes (or equivalent) or:
- Completion of a recognised Access Programme (or equivalent).
- English language ability equivalent to IELTS 6.0, where the medium of schooling was not English.
Or, for the final year top-up:
- BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Business (Management).
- English ability equivalent to an IELTS score of 6.0.
Applications without these qualifications may be considered on their own merits, and you are encouraged to submit an application.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated September 21, 2016