Clarks Summit University’s online Bible and Theology major is geared towards the adult student who is looking for ministry preparation and has an interest in learning the original biblical languages of Greek and Hebrew. Below will outline the scope, highlights, and outcomes of the program for ministries available upon completion.
Building on the CSU Core, students will engage in serious study of God’s Word and the study of the original biblical languages of Greek and Hebrew earning students 12 credits of dual-enrolled credit with Baptist Bible Seminary. Courses include:
- NT502 – Elements of Greek 1
- NT503 – Elements of Greek 2
- OT502 – Elements of Hebrew 1
- OT503 – Elements of Hebrew 2
- 6 credits of Undergraduate Ministry Communication Electives
- 12 credits of Undergraduate Biblical Studies Electives
For select students keen on future seminary studies, they may qualify to take up to an additional 18 credits of dual-enrolled courses from the Master of Divinity program at Baptist Bible Seminary.
Pursue your Passion
Understanding the importance of allowing students to pursue their interests throughout their undergraduate studies, CSU’s Bible and Theology Bachelor of Science major provides students with 57 credits of elective studies. These courses are to be used at the students' discretion to allow them to develop in areas that will help them successfully pursue the next phase of their ministry, career, and life.
- Better serve local church and community
- Youth Pastor
- Assistant Pastor
- Complete M.Div. program to pursue Senior Pastorate
- Pathway to D.Min. or Ph.D. studies
- Study of the Biblical Languages
- Up to 30 credits Dual Enrolled with BBS M.Div. program
- Course flexibility to pursue interests
- High transfer of previous collegiate studies.
- The degree is offered 100% online
About the School
For more than 80 years, Clarks Summit University has prepared men and women for Christ-honoring careers and ministries across the globe.