Do you like to use your nose to identify, secure and analyze all kinds of digital evidence in digital forensics? You are not just tracking the way Industry 4.0 operates, but are also helping to bring it to the forefront of IT expertise and practical know-how? The "Internet-of-things" awakens your research urge and pioneering spirit? Then the Bachelor Degree Program "Digital Engineering" will give you all the necessary knowledge about virtual reality, big data, embedded systems as well as computer and cyber security. Learn how the future fields of technology work and implement them holistically thanks to your computer science knowledge. With a bachelor's degree in " Digital Engineering and Applied Computer Science " you qualify for demanding expert and management positions in all industries!
Your study structure
The AKAD program " Digital Engineering and Applied Computer Science - Bachelor of Engineering " is divided into seven consecutive semesters. It is a further development of the degree program "Computer Engineering" accredited by ACQUIN (Accreditation, Certification and Quality Assurance Institute) and approved by the State Central Office for Distance Learning (ZFU):
- Preliminary Course Math (optional): With the free math upgrade, you can refresh your math skills for engineers if you wish - for a successful start to the first semester.
- Semester 1: Your studies begin with the expansion of your methodical and self-competence and impart basic knowledge in computer science, electrical engineering, engineering-related mathematics, digital technology and the English language.
- Semester 2: You will be familiarized with the programming in C / C, various operating and database systems as well as the formal methods of computer science and analysis.
- Semester 3: Programming in Java and Computer Architecture are the topics of the third semester. As a computer scientist you master the technical mechanisms of data communication and computer networks. Also, you study computer networks in general and the Internet in particular. You also learn the basics of business administration.
- Semester 4: Your studies continue with the latest know-how in image and data processing, dealing with microcontrollers, software programming and management as well as design patterns. You get all the information about digital communication and its manifestations.
- Semester 5: They are dedicated to business processes and application systems, enterprise technologies and project and quality management. You can also choose your specialization from four attractive areas and thus shape your personal profile as a specialist in hardware design, computer security, information management or virtual reality.
- Semester 6: In addition to advanced computer science English, C #, network and software security, games development, mobile computing, real-time systems, and data and knowledge management, you will independently solve a project assignment using the knowledge you have acquired so far Your specialization.
- Semester 7: Your AKAD study course prepares you individually for your Bachelor's thesis and lets you target your graduation unerringly: with the independent completion of your Bachelor thesis and its defense in an oral examination (colloquium).
Your plus: Your personal microcontroller is included in this AKAD degree program. Integrate the Internet of Things into your daily life during your distance learning course - and at the same time learn how to reliably control sensors and actuators.
Take advantage of the interesting option of a three-week study visit to Sacramento as an AKAD student: With the California Campus Program!
- Virtual Reality SWA40 | SWA41 | CSH20 | SWA60
- Modern Dataprocessing IMG40 | IMG45 | IMG44 | DBA60 | IMG60
- Computer Security and and Cyber Security CSI20 | CSI40 | CSI41 | CSI42 | CSI43
- Embedded Systems EBS01 | EBS42 | EBS60 | CAN40 | EBS43
Best prospects with the Bachelor Digital Engineering
The Bachelor in "Digital Engineering and Applied Computer Science" makes you a sought-after professional, who has not only technical, media and computer science knowledge but also knowledge of the economy. The degree course prepares you optimally for the challenges in the job: Whether as a project manager, system developer or administrator, development engineer, marketing specialist or game and design developers - with this degree you qualify for demanding tasks at technical and management level. Of course, you can also complete additional training in the form of a degree program at AKAD University after graduation. For further information, our study advisers are at your disposal personally.
Your BA at AKAD: digital, independent of time and place
AKAD University - the pioneer in the digital, time and place-independent bachelor degree program
Organize your studies according to your individual professional and private situation. Get the most out of your learning type! With the digital AKAD study model you can acquire a bachelor's degree during your working life , so you are flexible , individual and efficient :
The AKAD Campus is the central hub for your Bachelor's degree. At any time and on the move, you can use your study documents online. Plan exams very flexibly and exchange information with your fellow students and professors. Would you like to know how close you have come to your Bachelor's degree? A look at the AKAD Campus is enough! With the AKAD study model as a working student successful for a Bachelor's degree:
- Distance learning: practice-oriented, up-to-date and clearly structured study materials. Time and place independent. For home and on the go!
- Distance E-Learning: efficient learning through digital learning methods: online exercises, online coaching and web-based training. So that the contents sit safely!
- Interactive e-learning: personally by tutors and in direct exchange with fellow students. Additional skills that you can use profitably in your job!
- Seminars (optional): complementary to the virtual forms of learning. Immediately apply what you have learned in concrete professional issues!
They have a high school diploma or a college entrance qualification and a high degree of interest in information technology contexts. But even if you have a technically oriented vocational training with several years of professional experience, you can easily get started with a degree at AKAD. Also a study without Abitur is possible. If you are still fit in math and physics and have basic PC application skills, then the AKAD distance learning "Digital Engineering" is ideal for you.
What exactly awaits you in distance learning Bachelor Digital Engineering and Applied Computer Science?
In the study letter BA_Technische_Informatik_MCS101 of the Bachelor's degree program " Digital Engineering and Applied Computer Science ", you will learn about the "Fundamentals of Microcomputer Systems". Here you will learn how a microcomputer system works from the design to the integration of controller systems for controllers and controls. You will learn basic concepts and areas of application of microcomputers, computer arithmetic, codes, the structure of a processor as well as memory and peripheral components.
AKAD lecturer Prof. Jürgen Plate has prepared the following five topics for you in this study letter:
- basic concepts
- computer architectures
- Representation of numbers and signs in the microcomputer
- Internal structure of a microcomputer
- Memory and input / output
Convince yourself: the AKAD Campus with its flexible , individual and efficient study model makes it easy for you to access all the contents of your distance learning program. Because you will learn where and when you want, and make the best possible preparation for your extra-occupational study with your individual time resources - as needed.
Our offer to you: Test your Bachelor's distance learning at AKAD University 4 weeks free of charge. If you have any questions about studying extra-occupationally, please contact our friendly and qualified AKAD student advisory service at 0711 81495-400, we look forward to hearing from you!
Program taught in: