Who we are is a complex mix of personality, background, culture, beliefs and experiences, and each person’s story is unique. Establish a solid understanding of the world we live in, what guides human behavior and how to relate to research and investigate well. You'll be well prepared for a position of leadership in ministry, psychology, counseling or social work. The psychology major lets you dive into relevant theories and research to understand what drives human behavior and how to interact with and serve others. Interactive, engaging and practical classes, combined with great internship experiences, prepare you for graduate school and your career. Psychology majors can choose from three entirely online concentrations to build their degree program to suit their future career.
- General Psychology: Who we are is a complex mix of personality, background, culture, beliefs and experiences, and each person’s story is unique. The general psychology major immerses you in the world of psychology theory, philosophy and research to understand what drives human behavior. Interactive, engaging and practical classes, combined with great internship experiences, prepare you for graduate school and your career. This degree is designed for students who are interested in the clinical, social, developmental, cognitive, biological and/or research areas in graduate school heading toward a master’s or doctoral degree, as well as for immediate careers in psychology-related settings.
- Pre-Counseling / Clinical Psychology: Whether dealing with a major life crisis or seeking wisdom and guidance for everyday life, everyone can benefit from the support and listening ear of a counselor. The pre-counseling/clinical psychology degree helps you build the skills to interact with, serve, encourage and support others. Corban offers specialized courses not typically found in most undergraduate psychology programs, such as trauma therapy, industrial organizational psychology, community agency counseling and more. Choose the elective classes that meet your specific interests, and tailor your degree toward your career goals. This degree is designed for students who are interested in becoming licensed counselors or marriage and family therapists after completing graduate school, and/or working in ministry, social work and hands-on work settings, as well as for immediate careers in psychology- and ministry-related settings.
Unique Opportunities and Experiences
The international experiences, internships and student research opportunities that are available through Corban’s psychology program combine to create a well-rounded education for you. The experiences you choose can help you customize your degree to equip you for your chosen career path.
Corban psychology graduates are employed in a wide variety of counseling, research, ministry and social work careers. They leave Corban equipped to excel in graduate school and pursue meaningful careers such as:
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Clinical Psychology
- Youth Pastorate
- Private Practice
- Child Protective Services
- Social Work
- Profess faith in Jesus Christ and live a consistent Christian lifestyle.
- Demonstrate the writing competency to function successfully at a bachelor degree level.
- Corban recommends a college GPA of 2.0 for students bringing in transfer credits, or a high school GPA of 2.7.
- Have one year of life, work or college experience since graduating high school.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017