The program is designed to provide the foundational skills for continuous learning and to adapt to the fast-changing information technology environment. This program also includes competency-based and hands-on learning modules to enhance acquired business skills. Parts of the curriculum are designed around highly valued certifications. Students will also augment their IT skills with the social, verbal and intercultural business skills demanded by today’s work environments.
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Technology?
This major is designed for students who are interested in beginning a new career or advancing a current one in the field of information technology. The program provides students with hands-on experience in the latest technologies, skills, and knowledge toward common IT certifications, and the communication and business skills necessary for career advancement. Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Business Analyst
- IT Project Manager
- Technical Program Manager
- Systems Administrator
- Database Administrator
- IT Security Analyst
- Network Administrator
- Programmer Analyst
- Web Technician and Administrator
- Software Technician
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- IT Manager/Director
- Network Infrastructure Engineer
- IT Security Engineer / Firewall Engineer
- Enterprise Architect/IT
- Senior Programmer
- Technical Professor
- Web Developer
- Software Developer
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
- Personalized Learning
This school offers programs in:
Last updated November 29, 2017