Offered By: Colangelo College of Business
Earn Your Bachelor's Degree in Applied Management
Acquire the skills to transform and improve business practices with Grand Canyon University's (GCU) Bachelor of Science in Applied Management. This transfer-friendly degree program offered online and on campus by the Colangelo College of Business, is ideal for students with an associate degree or at least 12 college credits. Discover the practical areas of business, including strategies to lead and manage change in today’s global economy. Examine innovative organizational development concepts and workplace behaviors as well as human resource management.
Gain a Comprehensive Management Focus
As a student in the BS in applied management program, you explore functional area topics in financial decision-making, human resource management, marketing, innovation and project management. You also study leadership skills as they relate to organizational behavior and organizational change. With specific emphasis placed on servant leadership, you gain a complete understanding of a leadership style that focuses on putting the needs of others first in order to create interdependency rather than dependency in organizations.
What You Will Learn
Review Our Foundational Coursework
GCU's Bachelor of Science in Applied Management provides courses on the following topics:
- Servant leadership and ethical leadership
- Individual and group behavior in organizations
- Human resource management function in organizations
- Components of primary financial statements and the use of these statements to analyze the performance of a business entity
- Marketing mix and marketing concept
- Importance of creating innovative work environments in small-, medium- and large-scale organizations
- Approaches to organizational development with an emphasis on the practical aspects of changing organizations to improve effectiveness
- Unique challenges associated with managing projects as related to the overarching management framework of planning, organizing, leading and controlling
Take Your Applied Management Degree to the Next Level
In the Bachelor of Science in Applied Management degree program, you develop the skills and knowledge needed to work in a variety of industries in a leadership role, managing projects, employees or a department.
With a bachelor's degree in applied management, you may also opt to further your education. GCU offers a variety of master's degrees in business, including a Master of Business Administration (MBA), a Master of Science in Leadership (MSL), an MBA/MSL dual degree and an MBA with an emphasis in leadership.
Pursue a next-generation education with an online degree from Grand Canyon University. Earn your degree with convenience and flexibility with online courses that let you study anytime, anywhere. GCU offers the most experienced leadership in delivering online degree programs. Full-time faculty members and fully trained adjunct instructors, equipped with strong academic backgrounds and practical experience in their fields, support you every step of the way. Designed with the career-oriented professional in mind, our online classes provide an intimate environment that stimulates engaging and challenging discussions. Choose from programs across our distinct colleges, in high-demand employment areas. Classes begin frequently.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated August 13, 2018