If you have an inquisitive mind and want to develop a scientific understanding of the human experience, but you’re not sure you qualify for university study, then this BSc (Hons) Psychology Degree with Foundation Year course is the perfect choice for you.
The Foundation Year covers the essential academic skills you need to succeed at undergraduate study, from key subjects like research skills to basic numeracy, you’ll also study crime, law and psychology. You’ll then be prepared to go on and study this Bachelor’s of Science (Honours) degree.
Accredited by the British Psychological Society (BPS) and part of our School of Psychology, the key knowledge areas within the field will be covered, from research methods, biological psychology and cognitive psychology, to individual differences, developmental psychology and social psychology.
With an integrated foundation year, our BSc Psychology with Foundation Year course will equip you with the essential skills you’ll need for the study of the mind. The foundation year covers basic numeracy, academic and research skills and more, to lay the perfect groundwork for your studies.
With Arden University's online psychology foundation courses, you can learn 24/7 and gain knowledge of the history of psychological theory, ensuring you are well prepared for a future career in a number of psychology fields. This programme is delivered 100% online.
- Developing Academic Skills
- Using Numeracy, Data & IT
- Research Skills & Using Information
- Values, Ethics & Working Collaboratively
- Crime & Law in Context
- Psychology of Everyday Life
- Introduction to Studying Psychology
- Introduction to Social & Developmental Psychology
- Introduction to Biological & Cognitive Psychology
- Introduction to Research Methods I
- Introduction to Research Methods II
- Key Studies in Psychology
- Quantitative Research Methods
- Qualitative Research Methods
- Personality & Intelligence
- Social Psychology
- Brain & Behaviour
- Advanced Topics in Cognitive Psychology
- Contemporary Developmental Psychology
- Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Occupational Psychology
- Mental Health & Illness
- Research Project
Please note that the modules listed may be subject to change.
Candidates for our online BSc Psychology Degree with Foundation Year are required to submit a personal statement (of between 350-550 words) or attend an online interview demonstrating an ability to study the programme at Arden University, taking into account:
- Your motivation for undertaking the programme
- Relevant work experience
- Prior qualifications
You also need a GCSE Maths Grade C or equivalent.
If your previous study was not in English, you will also need to have IELTS 6.0 or equivalent (no less than 5.5 in any element).
About the School
Here at Arden University, we believe that everyone everywhere should have access to the higher education they deserve. Whether you already hold a post-secondary degree or are just beginning your journ ... Read More