Convert your Diploma into a Degree
Take your education to the next level with BSc (Hons) Business Computing & Information Systems from the University of Central Lancashireicon.
- Accessed online from anywhere around the world
- Get a British degree without moving to the UK
- Graduate from the University of Central Lancashire
Online Computing Degree (Top-up)
The BSc (Hons) Business Computing and Information Systems Degree is delivered online by NCC Education, validated and awarded by the University of Central Lancashire (abbreviated UCLan).
This programme equips students with a blend of technical IT skills and business expertise which prepares them for careers in senior management roles. The programme modules are designed to provide students with the fundamental skills and knowledge required by employers in the IT sector.
The final year online top-up programme is a natural progression from our Level 5 Diploma in Computing or Level 5 Diploma in Business IT, currently offered by NCC Education as part of the top-up degree journey.
Upon successful completion of the degree, students are invited to attend their graduation ceremony at Preston Guild Hall in the UK.
Graduates can pursue careers in:
- IT Management/Consultancy
- Software Engineering
- Data Management
- Cyber Security
- Information Systems Management
About the University of Central Lancashire
In 1828, the University of Central Lancashire was founded in Preston, the UK as the Institution for the Diffusion of Knowledge.
Today UCLan is rated as one of the UK’s highest risers in the National League Table and is one of the UK’s largest universities, with a student and staff community approaching 38,000. Internationally, the university has academic partners in all regions of the globe.
The University of Central Lancashire is ranked in the top 3.7% of universities in the world, according to the Centre for World University Rankings (CWUR).
Students worldwide with the following qualifications are welcome to enrol today:
- The NCC Education Level 5 Diploma in Computing (L5DC)
- The NCC Education Level 5 Diploma in Business Information Technology (L5DBIT)
- Pearson BTEC HND in Computing
- Edexcel HND Computing and Systems Development (Networking)
- Informatics Diploma in IT and Advanced Diploma in IT
- Informatics International Advanced Diploma in Computing
- Any similar qualification approved by NCC Education and UCLan
The qualification is made up of four 20-credit units and a project unit which accounts for 40 credits.
When taken full-time, the qualification is delivered in two 15-week semesters (12 teaching weeks). Two units are studied in each semester, with the project being studied over two semesters. Full-time students should spend between 30 – 40 hours per week on their studies.
Part-time students study one or two units per semester over four semesters, with the project being studied over four semesters. On a part-time basis, students can expect to study between 15 – 20 hours weekly.
Units comprise of weekly video lectures, tutorial exercises and live chat sessions with subject experts. Students will have the opportunity to interact with other students from around the world and with subject experts through discussion forums.
- Advanced Database Management Systems
- Corporate Communication Systems Management
- Managing Information Systems Projects
- Information Systems Project
The total cost for this course, including all tuition and examinations, is £4,500 when the full fee is paid upfront.
A 20% discount is available for NCC Education Level 5 Diploma holders.
Fees can be paid online via Flywire in your local currency. Instalment payments are available.
- Delivery Method: Online via the NCC Education virtual learning environment (VLE)
- Full-time: 1 year
- Part-time: 2-3 years
- 5 Units
- 120 Credits: Final year of the degree pathway completed full-time in one academic year
- Assessment: Assessment through examination and coursework assignments
- Registration Dates:
- Registration throughout the year
- Intakes in February and August
On completion of the BSc (Hons) Business Computing and Information Systems Top-up Degree, graduates are eligible to apply for Postgraduate and Master’s degree study at institutions across the world.
NCC Education offers a Level 7 Diploma in Business Management which is the first-year component of a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA). MBA qualifications are offered by the following universities in the UK:
- University of Plymouth
- University of Worcester
- University of Northampton
Program taught in: