Online Human Resource Management Degree
The McKendree University online human resource management degree provides students with the basic principles of talent management and tools for successfully managing today’s diverse employees. Busy adults will find flexibility in the eight-week course format toward completion of the online degree program. The online HR degree is aligned with SHRM’s HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates.
Why an Online Human Resource Management Degree?
The online degree in Human Resource Management presents the building blocks of theory and application that focus on core business principles, personnel management and retention, employee and labor relations, diversity management, and organizational development.
Flexible Course Format
Online courses are delivered using the course management system BlackBoard. All classes for the online BBA are offered over an eight week period. Many students choose to take two courses during each eight-week session.
Graduate studies in these areas will qualify an individual for higher level positions within human resource management:
Online Human Resource Management majors go on to a variety of careers including:
- Personnel Management
- Employee and Labor Relations
- Diversity Management
- Organizational Development
McKendree University requires a minimum of 120 credit hours for online degree completion. 40 hours must be at the 300 or 400 level and a minimum of 30 hours with McKendree. Students must fulfill the general education requirements.
- International Business
- Organizational Behavior
- Business Ethics & Social Response
- Consumer Behavior
- Business Strategy & Policy
Online Human Resource Management General Education Requirements
- Art or Music
- ENG 111 Composition I
- PSY/SOC/PSI - 6 hrs from 2 of 3 areas
- MTH 105 Intermediate Algebra
- HPE 158 Health and Wellness
- BIO 101 Introductory Biology with Lab
- CSI 120 Computing Concepts and Apps.
- ENG 112 Composition II
- HIS 262 US History Since 1865
- Philosophy or Religion
- MTH 310 Statistics
- SPC 310 Bus & Professional Presentations
- SCE 205 Earth and Astronomical Science
Evaluation of Transfer Credit
McKendree University gives careful consideration to your previous coursework and will transfer in as many credits as possible. Courses are individually evaluated to determine which are transferable and what requirements have been met. Transcripts will be evaluated by the Office of Academic Records and the Division Chair of the department.
Official evaluations are completed once you have been admitted to McKendree University. McKendree Online staff can provide you with an unofficial evaluation at your request. Please note the following:
- Only courses with a letter grade of 'C' or better may be accepted in transfer. Pass/fail courses will not be accepted.
- At least 120 credit hours are required for graduation, 30 of which must be from McKendree.
- Up to 90 credit hours may be accepted in transfer from a regionally accredited institution.
- Proficiencies earned at other institutions are not accepted.
Send transcripts to:
701 College Road
Lebanon, IL 62254
Program taught in: