Marketing is everywhere and has a profound effect on the day-to-day choices we make, from the clothes we wear to the food we eat. However, marketing excellence doesn’t just happen automatically; it requires the careful application of both 'science' and 'creativity' to ensure that the product is successfully communicated to the intended target audience.
This marketing honours degree programme provides you with the essential marketing tools and knowledge sought by employers in today’s dynamic global workplace. Our BA (Hons) in Marketing (Top up) is designed to give you a comprehensive understanding of the key skills and practices that marketing executives and their organisations use to make informed marketing decisions that are vital to the success of their business.
More specifically, you will learn how to critically evaluate key marketing models and apply them to a real-life business problem at a strategic level by conducting your own research project.
About Anglia Ruskin University:
Students from Anglia Ruskin University benefit from great employment prospects. Over 90% of graduates are in employment or further study six months after graduating, making Anglia Ruskin University second only to the University of Cambridge in this respect. Anglia Ruskin University has over 30,000 students, and is one of the largest universities in the east of England.
Who should attend?
This degree programme will equip you for a career in the marketing industry, by providing a range of practical and theoretical skills that are transferable to the marketing function of any organisation. The global focus of this programme aims to develop your ability to strategically analyse complex business situations and enhance your awareness of the various factors that currently shape the demands of businesses and consumers in a local and global context. It is engaging and stimulating, with emphasis placed on the acquisition of practical skills.
- Secondary Education equivalent to three GCSE’s and two A Levels
- Level 5 Advanced Diploma/Higher National Diploma OR 3-5 years marketing experience (evaluated on a case by case basis)*
- A good command of English
*Applicants holding the EduQual Level 5 Extended Professional Diploma in Marketing or Edexcel Higher National Diploma in Marketing will be eligible for direct entry to the BA (Hons) in Marketing Top- Up.
The following is included for all study modes:
- Course materials that include structured lecture notes, practical applications giving real world examples, and case studies that challenge you to apply your knowledge
- Assessment materials via our (IMSS) Integrated Modular Study System E Learning Platform
- LS Online Community to keep in touch and share with fellow students online
- A comprehensive e-library that contains recommended study texts and reference books available for online reading
- Mintel market reports, providing industry reports, financial analysis and company information
- Two complimentary digital publications to support your revision
In addition, you will also receive the following:
- Welcome webinar upon course commencement
- Online webinars for assignment/exam workshops
- A dedicated one-to-one tutor is assigned to provide comprehensive support throughout the course
- Supervision for all Major Project modules
By the end of this programme, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of marketing theory
- Analyse strategic market behaviour
- Understand the principles and responsibilities of other management functions, including human resources, accounting and finance
- Show a real awareness and understanding of contemporary global business issues
On a more practical level, you will be able to:
- Apply relevant techniques to identify and exploit market opportunities
- Devise appropriate marketing objectives around customer acquisition and retention
- Plan and execute research projects
- Effectively communicate results at whatever level is appropriate to the audience
- This course delivers a good balance between academic and vocational content. The emphasis is on delivering a good grounding in marketing and management theory, whilst also preparing you for a successful career. It also cultivates the intellectual capacity to enable you to continue to develop and keep pace with a changing business environment.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 23, 2017