Save £1,000 by enrolling on this programme in the July intake! Prices will increase beginning with the October 2020 intake.
Are you fascinated by how the mind works, and want to earn a degree, but aren’t sure you’re prepared for university study? Then Arden University’s Psychology & Sociology Degree with an integrated Foundation Year is the course for you!
The Foundation Year covers the essential academic skills you need to succeed at undergraduate study, from key subjects like research skills to basic numeracy, you’ll also study crime, law and psychology. You’ll then be prepared to go on and study this dual-subject Social Science degree.
Confidently study both of these core Social Science disciplines through Distance Learning with Arden University's BA (Hons) Psychology & Sociology with integrated Foundation Year Degree course. Both subjects explore and study human behaviours – but at different levels.
Sociology looks at broader social issues that affect those individuals, such as poverty, inequality and social injustice, while Psychology focuses on individuals within those societies.
These subjects are examined within the course alongside societal factors, such as government policy and globalisation. You’ll consider the individual and the social aspects together, to give you a balanced understanding of how society functions.
This programme is delivered 100% online.
- Develop Academic Skills
- Using Numeracy, Data & IT
- Research Skills & Using Information
- Values, Ethics & Working Collaboratively
- Crime & Law in Context
- Psychology of Everyday Life
- Effective Interdisciplinary Study
- Introduction to Social & Developmental Psychology
- Introduction to Biological & Cognitive Psychology
- Introduction to Sociology
- Medicalisation of the Self
- Key Studies in Psychology
- Research & Ethics in Action
- Personality & Intelligence
- Social Psychology
- Abnormality & the Deviant Other
- Cyber Communities & Social Networks
- Protests, Mass Movements & Rebellion
- Contemporary Developmental Psychology
- Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Consumer Society & the Commodification of Beings
- Insecurity & Precariousness in the Globalised World
- Research Planning & Project
Please note that the modules listed are indicative and may be subject to change.
Candidates for our online Psychology and Sociology Degree with Foundation Year are required to submit a personal statement (of between 350-550 words) or attend an online interview demonstrating an ability to study the programme at Arden University, taking into account:
- Your motivation for undertaking the programme
- Relevant work experience
- Prior qualifications
If your previous study was not in English, you will also need to have IELTS 6.0 or equivalent (no less than 5.5 in any element).
About the School
Here at Arden University, we believe that everyone everywhere should have access to the higher education they deserve. Whether you already hold a post-secondary degree or are just beginning your journ ... Read More