If you are interested in pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree, but you aren’t sure if you qualify for university, then the Foundation Year portion of this programme is designed to transition you into your University experience.
This BA (Hons) Criminology & Psychology Degree includes an integrated Foundation Year which gives you an introduction to relevant skills and knowledge to pursue your higher education goals. As part of the School of Law and Social Sciences, you will study two well-established social science fields and increase your understanding of the social values and behaviours.
The Criminology portion focuses on criminal behaviours and social orders in particular, while the Psychology portion gives you the bigger picture and focuses on human behaviours in general. This course gives students a wide range of transferrable and practical skills that will aid in both law-related and other careers or further studies.
This foundation year option at Arden University is a great option for those who may have had a gap since they last studied, or don’t feel they made the grade in previous academic studies.
With Arden's fully online Distance Learning programme, which gives you the flexibility of studying whenever and wherever you choose, you'll be taking the next step in your career in no time.
- Developing Academic Skills
- Using Numeracy, Data & IT
- Research Skills & Using Information
- Values, Ethics & Working Collaboratively
- Crime and Law in Context
- Psychology of Everyday Life
- Effective Interdisciplinary Study
- Introduction to Social & Developmental Psychology
- Introduction to Biological & Cognitive Psychology
- Crime & Society
- Criminal Justice System
- Key Studies in Psychology
- Research & Ethics in Action
- Personality & Intelligence
- Social Psychology
- Contemporary Debates in Criminology
- Environmental Criminology
- Policing & Police Powers
- Contemporary Developmental Psychology
- Cross-Cultural Psychology
- Youth Justice
- Research Planning & Project
Please note that the modules listed are indicative and may be subject to change.
Candidates for our online Criminology and Psychology Degree with Foundation Year are required to submit a personal statement (of between 350-550 words) or attend an online interview demonstrating an ability to study the programme at Arden University, taking into account:
- Your motivation for undertaking the programme
- Relevant work experience
- Prior qualifications
If your previous study was not in English, you will also need to have IELTS 6.0 or equivalent (no less than 5.5 in any element).
About the School
Here at Arden University, we believe that everyone everywhere should have access to the higher education they deserve. Whether you already hold a post-secondary degree or are just beginning your journ ... Read More