Arden University’s online BA (Hons) Business and Computing programme will provide you with the skills and knowledge needed to help you take the next step in your career. This BA (Hons) Business and Computing degree will help you develop an understanding of essential business practices with a focus on the influence of business and computing concepts in achieving a business’s strategic objectives.
Arden’s flexible study mode allows you to develop your business and IT knowledge around your existing commitments. This programme will provide you with the skills needed to become an asset to any business and help take you closer to your career goals.
The full range of programmes offered by Arden features a strong focus on employability, practical skills, and career success. This programme has been developed to help you inspire and manage change within your business, with a particular focus on current computing and IT trends.
Skills for Interdisciplinary Study
- This opening module will help you look at problems from different perspectives and develop your skills as a learner. You will be introduced to your online academic community, and begin developing the key personal and professional skills to help improve your career prospects.
- You’ll get an overview of system design, hardware, software, and the basics of networking. This module takes a practical look at the building and maintaining computer systems, and meeting the needs of users.
Information Systems in Organisations
- This module looks at the ways you can collect data, determining what data you need, and what you want to get out of it to give your organisation the edge.
Understanding the Business Environment
- Get to grips with business structure and stakeholder responsibilities. You'll begin to understand core business concepts such as supply and demand, competition, markets, and government effects with this module.
Principles of Marketing
- This module starts with basic definitions, after which, you’ll learn to analyse businesses and wider markets. You’ll also learn to break markets down into segments and apply dynamic marketing tools.
People in Organisations
- Successful organisations know how to lead and motivate their staff, and this module explores the things that make people tick. You’ll learn how teams work best, and how to effectively manage change.
Research Ethics in Action
- This module gives you the chance to showcase your abilities through a piece of work of your own design. You’ll determine the methodology, develop a range of skills, and consider the ethical issues of the work you are undertaking. Later, you’ll include this in a practical way as you work towards your final project.
- Once you’ve collected all your data and built an appropriate database for it, that information needs to be transported to where it needs to be. In this module, you’ll discover how data moves around a network.
Quality Systems in IT
- Quality standards are set by the International Standards Organisation (ISO). This module will explain the ISO codes important to the IT industry, how to deliver a gold standard of quality, and just what can go wrong.
Strategic Information Systems
- This module looks at trends such as business intelligence (BI), customer relationship management (CRM), enterprise resource planning (ERP), and business performance improvement (BPI). You will develop a better understanding of information systems in organisations from a strategic perspective.
Managing Across Cultures
- Global business requires us to take into account national cultures. This module asks how our products will work in different markets, how to facilitate a multicultural workforce, and other issues critical to modern business.
Enterprise & Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurs at all levels need certain tools and techniques to enable them to thrive. This module is about moving forward in big business, from initial innovation through to early growth and beyond.
Current Trends in Networking
- In this constantly evolving module, you’ll look at leading-edge technologies and their effects on people. You’ll evaluate whether new products improve upon the old ones, and assess the impact of innovation in the communications sector.
Management in IT
- You’ll discover what it takes to be a manager in the fields of IT and technology. This module looks at how you’d outsource, deal with contractors and consultants, manage your own department, and fit within a business, as you explore your next steps.
Contemporary Management Issues
- Using the most up-to-date thinking, this module probes the issues facing managers today, including sustainability, moral and ethical choices, and corporate values. You’ll reflect on the changing world, including globalisation, the communities we live in, and the ways our economic landscape is changing.
- Delve into the ways international companies function with teams around the world. Learn to manage far-flung teams with cultural differences, using the most effective techniques.
Research Planning & Project
- This final module gives you the opportunity to specialise in an area of the programme that has most interested you. With your supervising tutor, you will determine an interdisciplinary area related to your degree to research. You will need to incorporate all the skills acquired in the programme to complete this major work.
What Our Students Say:
"I am now able to run my business in a proper way, following my checklist as a guideline and making sure that I meet my set goals. All these things I learned with Arden University."
BA (Hons) Business (Tourism) (CMI)
To be eligible for this course you must normally have:
- Two subjects at GCE Level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in three subjects at GCSE level or equivalent; OR
- Completed a recognised Access Programme or equivalent
- For students whose prior learning was not taught in English: IELTS 6.0 or equivalent (no less than 5.5 in any element).
If You Have Work Experience
We positively encourage and consider applications from those able to demonstrate their motivation to study the programme. We will ask for your personal statement, along with your CV and references in support of your application.
£13,500 (UK & EU), £13,150 (International)