If you’ve already completed an HND in Business (or equivalent) this Top-Up will enable you to achieve a full undergraduate honours degree in business (tourism). Arden University’s online BA (Hons) Business (Tourism) (Top-Up) will help you develop a broad understanding of the management tools and theories essential to business success in the tourism industry.
Arden’s flexible study mode allows you to develop your business tourism skills around your existing commitments. This programme will equip you with the strategic and cultural knowledge needed to help you take the next step and provide you with an excellent grounding for your future career.
The full range of programmes offered by Arden features a strong focus on employability, practical skills, and career success. This programme has been developed with a particular focus on the development of tourism skills and knowledge to help you inspire and manage change within your organisation.
Contemporary Management Issues
- Using the most up-to-date thinking, this module probes the issues facing managers today, including sustainability, moral and ethical choices, and corporate values. You’ll reflect on the changing world, including globalisation, the communities we live in, and the ways our economic landscape is changing.
- Learn how to design the roadmap to take your business to success in this module, by applying a range of strategic theories and techniques. You’ll look at mergers and acquisitions, working with partners, national and international planning, and the ways organisations deliver their plans by effectively managing change.
Managing Self and Others
- This module continues the theme of supporting and developing yourself and others. Learn stress management techniques, positive thinking, and assertive development, alongside tools for creativity and decision-making. You’ll scrutinise everything from recruitment to team management.
International Destination Management
- You’ll learn how to make a destination competitive through branding, marketing, and strategy. This module will help you to manage a crisis, understand trends and the tourism life cycle.
Research Methods and Dissertation
- With your supervising tutor, you will determine an interdisciplinary area related to your degree to research, giving you the opportunity to specialise in an area of the programme that has most interested you.
What Our Students Say:
"I am now able to run my business in a proper way, following my checklist as a guideline and making sure that I meet my set goals. All these things I learned with Arden University."
BA (Hons) Business (Tourism) (CMI)
To be eligible for this course you must normally have:
- An HND in Business or equivalent provided that your prior learning is consistent with Level 5 of the functional areas of business (finance, HRM, marketing, operations management)
- For students whose prior learning was not taught in English: IELTS 6.0 or equivalent (no less than 5.5 in any element).
If You Have Work Experience
We positively encourage and consider applications from those able to demonstrate their motivation to study the programme. We will ask for your personal statement, along with your CV and references in support of your application.
£4,500 (UK & EU), £4,384 (International)