This programme covers the major tools and theories of marketing, and how to apply them to real-world situations. Arden University’s online BA (Hons) Business (Marketing) (CMI) will develop your communication skills and prepare you for your next professional steps. This programme’s CMI accreditation also means graduates will be awarded a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management to help you stand out from the crowd.
Arden’s flexible study mode allows you to develop your business skills around your existing commitments. This programme will also equip you to gain the marketing knowledge to help take your next steps in the business world.
The full range of programmes offered by Arden features a strong focus on employability, practical skills, and career success. This programme has been developed with a particular focus on the development of marketing skills and knowledge to help you inspire and manage change within your organisation.
Developing Personal and Management Skills
- You’ll need great management skills whether working in a multinational corporation, or a microbusiness. Starting from your own personal management, you’ll work up to team management, and then learn to apply theories of motivation, conflict management, and empowerment to larger organisations.
Understanding the Business Environment
- Get to grips with business structure and stakeholder responsibilities. You'll begin to understand core business concepts such as supply and demand, competition, markets, and government effects with this module.
Principles of Marketing
- This module starts with basic definitions, after which, you’ll learn to analyse businesses and wider markets. You’ll also learn to break markets down into segments and apply dynamic marketing tools to your marketing strategy.
Introduction to Finance
- A basic understanding of finance is a great asset, and this module will take you through how companies manage their books, prepare accounts, and inform business decisions. You’ll be better equipped to have an impact on your organisation.
People in Organisations
- Successful organisations know how to lead and motivate their staff, and this module explores the things that make people tick. You’ll learn how teams work best, and how to effectively manage change.
- Build marketing strategies using segmentation, targeting, and positioning with this module. You’ll also delve into CRM (Customer Relationship Management) and learn other skills such as media planning, branding, and digital marketing.
Managing Across Cultures
- Global business requires us to take into account national cultures. This module asks how our products will work in different markets, how to facilitate a multicultural workforce, and other issues critical to modern business.
- Your way of working should be designed and managed to make the most of your time and money. In this module, you’ll look at issues such as benchmarking, supply chain management, and whether a project has been successful.
Enterprise and Entrepreneurship
- Entrepreneurs at all levels need certain tools and techniques to enable them to thrive. This module is about moving forward in big business, from initial innovation through to early growth and beyond.
- The ways organisations use the huge amount of data they produce can be the difference between success and failure. This module looks at finding, extracting, working with, analysing, and interpreting data, developing the skills to design your own data collection project.
- Get to grips with the million-dollar question: what makes people decide to buy? Discover how research is run, and branding affects purchase decisions. You’ll learn to size up the competition and look after your customers, whether you’re selling to businesses or the public.
- This module walks through the marketing mix, and you’ll take a detailed look at theories and techniques central to the planning and execution of marketing strategies of new products and services.
Contemporary Management Issues
- Using the most up-to-date thinking, this module probes the issues facing managers today, including sustainability, moral and ethical choices, and corporate values. You’ll reflect on the changing world, including globalisation, the communities we live in, and the ways our economic landscape is changing.
- Learn how to design the roadmap to take your business to success in this module, by applying a range of strategic theories and techniques. You’ll look at mergers and acquisitions, working with partners, national and international planning, and the ways organisations deliver their plans by effectively managing change.
Managing Self and Others
- This module continues the theme of supporting and developing yourself and others. Learn stress management techniques, positive thinking, and assertive development, alongside tools for creativity and decision-making. You’ll scrutinise everything from recruitment to team management.
- Delve into the ways international companies function with teams around the world. Learn to manage far-flung teams with cultural differences, using the most effective techniques.
Research Methods and Dissertation
- With your supervising tutor, you will determine an interdisciplinary area related to your degree to research, giving you the opportunity to specialise in an area of the programme that has most interested you.
What Our Students Say:
"Distance Learning has given me lots of flexibility which has been essential. This is something I achieved and am very proud of."
BA (Hons) Business (Marketing)
To be eligible for this course you must normally have:
- Two subjects at GCE A-Level or equivalent, plus passes at grade C or above in three subjects at GCSE level or equivalent; OR
- Completed a recognised Access Programme, or equivalent.
- For students whose prior learning was not taught in English: IELTS 6.0 or equivalent (no less than 5.5 in any element).
If You Have Work Experience
We positively encourage and consider applications from those able to demonstrate their motivation to study the programme. We will ask for your personal statement, along with your CV and references in support of your application.
£13,500 (UK & EU), £13,150 (International)