This Top-Up will enable you to achieve a full undergraduate honours degree in business (HRM) if you have previously completed an HND in Business or equivalent. Arden University’s online BA (Hons) Business (HRM) (Top-Up) will develop a broad understanding of the tools and theories essential successful human resource management.
Arden’s flexible study mode allows you to develop your HR skills and knowledge around your existing commitments. This programme will equip you with the financial knowledge required to take your next steps in the business world, and provide you with an excellent grounding for your future career.
The full range of programmes offered by Arden features a strong focus on employability, practical skills, and career success. This programme has been developed with a particular focus on the staff and personnel management skills needed to help you inspire and manage change within your organisation.
Contemporary Management Issues
- Using the most up-to-date thinking, this module probes the issues facing managers today, including sustainability, moral and ethical choices, and corporate values. You’ll reflect on the changing world, including globalisation, the communities we live in, and the ways our economic landscape is changing.
- Learn how to design the roadmap to take your business to success in this module, by applying a range of strategic theories and techniques. You’ll look at mergers and acquisitions, working with partners, national and international planning, and the ways organisations deliver their plans by effectively managing change.
Managing Self and Others
- This module continues the theme of supporting and developing yourself and others. Learn stress management techniques, positive thinking, and assertive development, alongside tools for creativity and decision-making. You’ll scrutinise everything from recruitment to team management.
Strategic Issues in HRM
- Get to grips with business trends affecting HR management both domestically and internationally. You’ll encounter emotional and aesthetic labour, equal opportunities, diversity, and ethics in this module.
Research Methods and Dissertation
- With your supervising tutor, you will determine an interdisciplinary area related to your degree to research, giving you the opportunity to specialise in an area of the programme that has most interested you.
What Our Students Say:
"Distance Learning has given me lots of flexibility which has been essential. This is something I achieved and am very proud of."
BA (Hons) Business (Marketing)
To be eligible for this course you must normally have:
- An HND in Business, or equivalent, provided prior learning consistent with Level 5 of the functional area (finance, HRM, marketing, operations)
- For students whose prior learning was not taught in English: IELTS 6.0 or equivalent (no less than 5.5 in any element).
If You Have Work Experience
We positively encourage and consider applications from those able to demonstrate their motivation to study the programme. We will ask for your personal statement, along with your CV and references in support of your application.
£4,500 (UK & EU), £4,384 (International)