Associate of Arts in Theology – 60 credits
Our Theology program is oriented to the study of the nature of God and God's relation to the world, humanity, salvation, and eschatology (the study of last times). These studies will equip you in Theology, Missions, and current issues in Ministry, and will bring the necessary communication skills to succeed in the 21st century’s Church.
General Education Courses: 36 Credits
- AD1410 Humanity in Global Times
- CC3520 Personality Theory: Self-Esteem
- CH3013 Communication and Human Development
- CM2101 Composition I
- CM2108 Effective Communication
- EC4320 Economy Theory
- ED1109 Study Methods & Techniques
- PS1304 General Psychology
- RG2101 Church History
- SC2101 Survey of American History
- SC2102 Philosophical Thinking
- SC2205 Study of Man and His Culture
Theology Courses: 15 Credits
- BI1102 Old Testament Survey
- BI1103 New Testament Survey
- MI2101 Missions I
- TH2102 Introduction to Theology
- TH4301 Christology
Electives (3): 9 Credits
The student completing the Associate Degree in Theology will be able to:
- Practice being the called disciple and minister of Jesus Christ, serving His Kingdom.
- Bear witness to the complete truthfulness of Holy Scripture.
- Maintain the historic principles of the Christian faith.
- Correctly use composition skills, grammar, and punctuation.
- Integrate philosophical, literary and historical knowledge into a Biblical worldview.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Enrollment Agreement filled and signed. If a student is under 18 years of age, a parent or guardian must sign the Enrollment Agreement.
- Diplomas of previous studies.
- Official Transcripts of previous studies.
- Copy of official identification.
- Debit Authorization (if desired).
- A passport-type photo.
- Pastoral Ordination if it were the case.
- Ministerial curriculum, copies of any certificate of courses took in related areas, and Ministry ordination, if they are older than 30 years and want to claim the credits for Life Experience.
Steps to Enroll
- Application: Complete the Enrollment Agreement sent by e-mail by the Student Services Department of FCU, sign and scan the document.
- Documents: Send the Enrollment Agreement to firstname.lastname@example.org attached with all the documents necessary or send them by mail.
- Evaluation: After receiving the Enrollment Agreement and the copies of the requested documents, verification will be made by the corresponding departments. FCU will contact the students if additional documents are required. Transcripts must be official and sent directly from the university in a sealed envelope.
- Payment: If the student completes the Agreement and submits all required information, the next step is to pay the $260 Application and Enrollment fee, which is applicable to any program. (Application $40 & Registration & Processing Fee $110.00 – are not refundable + USD $110.00 Evaluation – refundable).
- Enrollment: Should the student’s Agreement require additional analysis by the Institution, the student will be informed immediately. After being approved, the student will be effectively enrolled and will receive a welcome letter, the Catalog, and the Student Handbook. After that, the online student will receive an e-mail with information on how to access the Student’s Portal and the template to be used for their assignments. On-campus students will receive their class schedule. The Student ID Card will be sent by mail. Now the student is ready to begin their classes!
Mode of Study
Three-Course Delivery Methods: Face-to-Face/Synchronous/Fully Online (Student's Portal).
4th Method for those who live near the headquarters or a branch of FCU: Hybrid.
Classes start immediately after enrollment, on an ongoing basis. For online courses, students take a minimum of (1) one online course a month. For on-campus courses, invitations are sent out and students confirm their presence a minimum of (2) two weeks prior to the course date.
About the School
Founded on August 29th of 1985, FCU always had the mission of providing Higher Education in a practical and accessible way, to professionals and ministers, preparing them to accomplish their callings ... Read More