The Associate of Applied Science degree program in Network Administration and Information Security will prepare graduates to meet the challenges of the next decade in this high demand field. Successful graduates of this dual-emphasis program will be able to perform tasks associated with installing, upgrading and maintaining computer network systems in typical LAN/WAN environments. They will be capable of effectively assessing the security needs of computer and network systems, recommending safeguard solutions and managing the implementation and maintenance of security devices, systems, and procedures. The academic and professional skills focused on during the program provide as well a basic knowledge of project management using MS Project. The program prepares graduates to function successfully in entry level network administration and information security positions.
Upon successful completion of the program, the graduate should be able to:
- Demonstrate proficiency in the use of current Microsoft Office Suite products.
- Identify and evaluate computer systems issues and implement effective remediation policies.
- Demonstrate effective communications utilizing accepted business practices and applications
- Setup a small to medium size LAN and a WAN Network.
- Monitor and regulate the computer system and performance requirements of the network.
- Perform performance balancing, redundancy, network management and system migration and upgrades.
- Perform problem diagnosis, troubleshooting, and system maintenance on multiple types of network scenarios.
- Design, develop and manage information technology projects in a variety of companies and organizations.
- Assess the security needs of computer and network systems, recommend safeguard solutions and perform the implementation and maintenance of security devices, systems, and procedures.
Upon successfully completing of this program, graduates should be able to perform tasks of an entry level Network Administrator in a small to a medium size Network setup, or any related positions in the information technology and network administration fields.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated January 12, 2017