Understand the applications, opportunities, and transformative potential of AI in your health care context.
One of the key challenges the medical industry faces in advancing patient care is improving prediction. Enhancing diagnosis, targeting treatments to individual patients, and understanding disease progression are all matters of prediction, an area where artificial intelligence (AI) excels.*
Improving diagnosis, targeting treatments to individual patients, and understanding disease progression are all prediction problems. And the prediction is where AI excels.
Discover the impact AI innovations can have on traditional health care systems and decision-making approaches with this online short course from the MIT Sloan School of Management and the MIT J-Clinic.
Through industry case studies, you’ll better understand AI’s applications and limitations, examine the challenges AI can help overcome, and explore how it’s already been successfully deployed in the sector.
You’ll gain insight and knowledge from MIT, an institution renowned for developing machine-learning methods that have already enhanced health care, and from Regina Barzilay, your faculty director, who is globally recognized for her work in AI and breast cancer detection.
*MIT Technology Review (Apr 2019).
- Earn a certificate of completion from the MIT Sloan School of Management in this online program and be able to:
- Use an AI decision framework to evaluate the suitability of an AI technology within your own context
- Develop your knowledge of AI opportunities across a range of contexts, from hospital management, disease diagnosis, and business decisions in a clinical setting
- Gain an overview of AI fundamentals, specifically through the lens of its applicability in health care
- Understand AI’s practical implementation challenges, and its business and economic considerations
- Realize the potential of natural language processing, data analytics, and machine learning within the health care
Develop a grounded understanding of how the use of AI is transforming the health care industry as you follow your learning path through the weekly modules of this online program:
- Orientation module Welcome to your Online Campus
- Module 1 AI and Machine Learning — Applications and Foundations
- Module 2 Using AI for Disease Diagnosis and Patient Monitoring
- Module 3 Natural Language Processing and Data Analytics in Health Care
- Module 4 Interpretability in Machine Learning — Benefits and Challenges
- Module 5 Patient Risk Stratification and Augmenting Clinical Workflows
- Module 6 Taking an Integrated Approach to Hospital Management and Optimization
Uncover opportunities for AI in health care
This MIT Sloan online short course is delivered in collaboration with GetSmarter. Learn from industry thought leaders as you build an AI decision framework for evaluating the technology’s suitability in a health care context.
Visit the course page to find out more about upcoming session dates, program price, and more:
If you have any other queries, please contact:
+1 617 997 4979
Book an appointment with your Course Consultant
About the School
The MIT Sloan School of Management emphasizes innovative research that enhances management practice. Its focus on action learning means that students are able to apply concepts learned in the classroo ... Read More