ArabicOnline.Eu is the original internationally-recognized course of Arabic as a Foreign Language. Supported by the European Commission and designed for European and Western learners.
Our online Arabic courses for Beginners to Intermediate levels have been designed for self-guided study via the internet. They have been developed with leading academics and experts in the field of Arabic as a Foreign Language and are suitable for all kinds of learners, regardless of age or academic background.
- One-year subscription - offers great value for money
- Fully interactive courses available online any time via the internet
- The courses use Modern Standard Arabic
- Designed for self-study with the focus on communicating in Arabic in everyday situations
- Extensive support materials and downloads
- Additional benefits such as Study Plans, Guide to Writing Arabic, worksheets
The courses implement a modern approach to language learning and are based on the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
On completion of the programme, you will have achieved Level A2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (Level 4 of the European Qualifications Framework). This corresponds to US State Department Level 2.
By providing attractive and motivating courses and dedicated support materials, ArabicOnline.Eu can prove that learning Arabic is an attainable goal for everyone.
What's included in the subscription?
Hayya bina! – Let’s Go
This is the core programme. With over 200 hours of study, the course contains
- 15 interactive units with audio dialogues covering typical everyday situations
- Options to study with Arabic script or with the Western script (transliteration)
- Extensive vocabulary practice
- An introduction to reading Arabic script and understanding the Arabic alphabet
- A wide variety of language activities with role plays with voice recording
- Language and grammar notes
- Cultural notes including advice on what to do and what not to do
Bonus courses included in the programme:
- A series of flash cards to practice important words and phrases in Arabic.
- A series of short learning modules to practise Arabic while travelling to work, relaxing over a coffee, or when time is short.
First Steps Arabic
- A short introductory course of Arabic, focussing on greetings and introductions.
Arabic Conversation Practice
- Improve your conversational skills with these interactive role plays. The program has been designed to help you practise and improve conversational skills in typical everyday situations which you would expect to encounter in the Arab world, such as ordering food, asking for the bill, shopping and inviting a guest to dinner, etc.
Word Trainer Arabic
- Word Trainer Arabic will help you to improve your vocabulary and master some of the most common everyday words which you would need in everyday situations in the Arab world. The programme guides you through a comprehensive and thorough learning process to ensure that you learn and practice the sounds, pronunciation, meaning, and spelling of each word correctly.
A Guide to Writing Arabic
- This handy and comprehensive workbook is the perfect partner for the ArabicOnline course. It carefully guides you through each letter of the Arabic alphabet with plenty of opportunities for practice the letters – in isolation AND in words. If you are learning Arabic writing for the first time, then this is for you!
Worksheets, downloads, and glossary
- Download and print out a wide range of worksheets to practice writing key vocabulary from the ArabicOnline course.
- Download and listen to all the dialogues from the Arabic course as mp3 files with relaxing background music and spoken English translations. They are ideal for consolidating what you have learned in the online course.
- The relaxing background music has been specially composed by “Avicenna” with the aim of relaxing the brain whilst listening to the dialogues. Spoken English translations have been added after each Arabic sentence. The glossary of keywords and phrases can be used to practice and consolidate your knowledge of Arabic vocabulary. The glossary is organized in such a way that keywords and phrases from each unit of the Arabic course are collated with their English translations.
- Before you start the Arabic lessons, download and read the Learning Guide. The Learning Guide will help you to organize your learning experience and plan the necessary time. Before you start each unit, download the Study Plan for that unit.
- The Study Plan gives a detailed breakdown of how much time to spend in each learning session, which tasks to do in which order. The Study Plans and the tasks in the interface guide you through a well-organized and completely integrated learning experience. We recommend that you study unit 1 exactly as described. You can then follow the same process for each of the following units. The Learning Diary allows you to keep track of your progress.