APP DESIGN WITH SWIFT PROGRAMMING
Build your own mobile apps and launch your coding career by learning Swift, a powerful and intuitive programming language. During this course, you will learn the process of development and how apps are created from concept to prototype to final product. You will discover new creative possibilities and future business opportunities while you create custom apps for business and personal use.
- Learn iOS app development from an industry insider who has collaborated with small businesses and corporations for 17 years.
- See how apps are conceptualized, designed, animated and coded into a fully functioning prototype.
- Learn art direction in conjunction with development and how to balance creative and technical decisions.
- Learn how to implement menus, animated graphics, create sound designs and make use of the iPhone interface to manipulate media with user input.
This course is a part of the Mobile App Development Professional Certificate.
Learn the fundamentals of creative coding with Swift and Xcode. Our flexible, online courses are 8-weeks long and asynchronous to accommodate your busy schedule.
What you’ll learn in App Design to Swift Programming?
- What is swift? What is Xcode?
- Swift playground demo
- Assignment: phrase generator project
Week Two & Three:
- Overall approach to development and design
- Working with graphics, animation, sound and user input
- Buttons, strings, arrays, conditionals, functions and libraries
- Client management, budgets, and timelines
- Assignment: micro application project
Week Four & Five:
- Spritekit & gameplaykit programs
- Git repositories
- Code resources
- Additional GPS, graphics, animation, sound and user input
- Assignments: the visualization project, the bug jar project & the action painting project
Week Six & Seven:
- Project management strategies
- Incorporation of techniques
- Finding example and resources
- Filtering and learning
- Final project due
Required Technology and Software: MacOS X 10.13.1 and XCode 9.2
- Non-Credit Tuition non-credit: $705.00
- Tuition credit (3 units):$897.00
- Registration and Technology Fee: $40.00 Mandatory
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 29, 2018