Learn about anxiety and discover helpful strategies to support young people struggling with anxiety during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Better understand the impact of COVID-19 on anxiety in children
The impact of coronavirus can be seen on every facet of our society. One of the key challenges of these unprecedented times is the heightened risks caused by anxiety, especially in younger people.
On this course, you’ll learn what anxiety is and how to support young people suffering from anxiety in the time of coronavirus.
With mental health professionals at the University of East Anglia and partnering mental health organisations, you’ll discover triggers and signs of anxiety to look out for.
You’ll also discover practical solutions for helping the young people in your life, and where to find additional help.
What topics will you cover?
- Impact of COVID 19 on mental health/anxiety in young people.
- What is anxiety and its causes.
- Importance of support.
- Guidance for parents.
- Spotting symptoms.
- Advice/treatment and support.
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- identify what anxiety is and how does it affects us.
- explain the possible impact of COVID-19 on mental health generally for us all during the lockdown.
- investigate how a parent or professional working with adolescents might spot anxiety.
- classify the causes and triggers of anxiety.
- solve how to protect vulnerable youths suffering from anxiety.
- explore further resources from mental health organisations for future support.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for teachers, supporters, guardians, and parents of children affected by the current COVID-19 situation.
Who developed the course?
UEA (University of East Anglia)
The University of East Anglia is an internationally renowned university providing top quality academic, social and cultural facilities to over 15,000 students from over 100 countries around the globe.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.