About the Course
We have through this upgraded world-class Android Developer course become aligned with Googles vision of helping to make India a global hub of high-quality mobile developers and towards that supporting Google in their endeavor to train two million android developers. Our Android course is taught by top practitioners who are working full time, developing complex mobile apps. Our instructors work closely with Edurekas in-house instructional design team to develop comprehensive and latest course content along with projects. Our interactive sessions and hands-on projects will ensure that you come out of this Android training as an ace developer.
The Google authorized Android Development course is primarily designed for programmers who want to learn how to create mobile applications on the Android platform. As a part of this course, you will create widgets, Customize List view, Grid view, Spinners etc, create applications using audio, video and sqlite database and finally publish it on Google Play. This course will help you learn mobile app development from scratch and unlock new job opportunities for you in start-ups as well as large organizations. Master Android app development, learn how to set up Android Studio, understand Android architecture in detail, learn about integrating your mobile apps with Facebook, Twitter and other social media, Google Drive, Google Maps, SQLite and learn how to create and optimize app user experience.
After completing the Android App Development course, you should be able to understand:
- Basic Android Development tools such as Android Studio, DDMS, Drawables, Listeners and Activity Lifecycle
- How to use various Layouts and Widgets and Implementing Event Receivers in your android application
- How to communicate between fragments and activities in android
- How to customize a widget and implement a menu bar in your activity
- How to create interactive applications in android with multiple activities including audio, video and animation
- How to create a dynamic web application with jSON and SOAP Service
- How to display user current location in a google map
- How to create applications using SQLite database and Third Party Libraries
- How to integrate Facebook, Dropbox and Google Drive in your existing android application
- How to publish your App on Google Play
Why Learn Android App Development?
Android is fast becoming one of the biggest platforms for programmers today. There is a huge demand for skilled Android developers all over the world. Most businesses across multiple domains are building Android Apps both for enterprise and retail products. Whether you are student or in the IT industry, possessing Android Development skills will help you take the next big leap in your career.As a part of this course, you'll develop your own mobile applications under the guidance of our expert instructors to give you a hands-on experience.This course is designed to help you become a top mobile app developer.
Who should go for this Course?
All those students and professionals who are keen to create amazing Apps in Android should go for this course.
What are the pre-requisites for this Course?
Anyone who wants to learn Android programming should have a Core Java knowledge along with an analytical blend of mind and logic reasoning. We also provide a complimentary self-paced course RJava Object Oriented ConceptsS to all the participants who enroll in this Android App Development course. This free, self-paced Java course will help you brush up your Java skills so that you can get the most out of the Android App Development course.
Which Case-Studies will be a part of the Course?
Project 1: Weather Application
Description: Create a Weather Application, which will show the current weather to a user. The application will display current temperature, humidity and hourly weather updates. We will be using OkHttp client to load the data from the network. The application will use the forecast.io API to fetch current weather updates. The application will leverage Google GSON to map JSON to Java POJO Classes.
Project 2: Trakt Movie App
Description: Create a movie application using Trakt API. The application shows a list of top 50 Trending movies on the dashboard screen. It shows the movie image and movie name in each list item. When user clicks on any particular list item, movie details will be shown.
Edureka Certification Process
- At the end of your course, you will work on an android application. You will receive project specifications which will help you to create an android application.
- Once you are successfully through the project (Reviewed by an expert), you will be awarded a certificate with a performance-based grading.
- If your project is not approved in 1st attempt, you can take extra assistance for any of your doubts to understand the concepts better and reattempt the Project free of cost.
There will be 10 instructor led Interactive online classes of 3 hours each and you will also get access to 6 self-paced videos with 12 hours content.
Real-life Case Studies
Towards the end of the course, you will be working on a project where you be expected to create an App in Android.
Each class will be followed by practical assignments which can be completed before the next class.
You get lifetime access to the Learning Management System (LMS). Class recordings and presentations can be viewed online from the LMS.
24 x 7 Expert Support
We have 24x7 online support team available to help you with any technical queries you may have during the course.
Towards the end of the course, you will be working on a project. Edureka certifies you as an Android Developer based on the project.
We have a community forum for all our customers wherein you can enrich their learning through peer interaction and knowledge sharing.
This school offers programs in:
Last updated February 21, 2017