⚡️ Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
We have temporarily adopted our programs for virtual instruction so that our new students have an option to begin their program in Fall 2020 virtually, and then change to on-campus learning.
Psychology is one of the most popular majors worldwide. In addition to being one of the most fascinating and dynamic fields of science, it also provides a springboard for a wide range of opportunities for graduate study as well as exciting career choices.
The UNYP Bachelor in Psychology degree runs for a four-year period. Its aim is to provide students with a solid foundation in science – particularly the study of behavior and the mind – through theory and practical experience in all of the major fields of psychology. Basic courses emphasize scientific thought, critical thinking, and analysis. More specialized courses address therapy and treatment of mental illness, cultural and family issues, as well as psychology in the workplace. Studies pave the way for two primary post-degree career choices: continuing on to pursue a graduate degree or direct entry into the workforce.
According to current school statistics, roughly 80% of UNYP psychology degree recipients continue to complete master and doctoral degrees from universities in the Czech Republic and abroad. Our graduates have continued their studies locally at Charles University, Masaryk University, and Palacky University or they have been accepted to schools abroad such as University College London, Kings College London, Oxford, Cambridge, Yale and The New School for Social Research in New York.
- Thorough preparation for a global career in psychology or other exciting fields
- Increased understanding of oneself and the ability to help others more profoundly
- International faculty with extensive professional experience
- A solid foundation of science and statistics combined with practical experience
- A growing hub of research with the Center for Advanced Behavioral Research, our own peer-reviewed psychology research journal, Psychological Science Observer, and UNYP-hosted annual international student research conference (ISRC)
- Excellent record of acceptance at top universities around the world
The UNYP psychology program offers a wide range of career options. Our graduates have gone on to work as counselors, academic researchers, representatives at NGOs and charitable causes such as UNICEF and European Union diversity programs or as training consultants and managers in the private sector at top international companies such as DHL, Oracle, Skoda, and Amazon.
UNYP has launched its own master’s program in psychology accredited by the Czech Ministry of Education, Youth and Sport. Therefore, students have the option to continue with their studies at UNYP on the graduate level, thus enhancing professional options greatly.
- Psychology of Infancy and Childhood
- Psychology of Adolescence and Adulthood
- Psychology of Adjustment
- Social Psychology
- Biology of the Brain
- Health Psychology
- History and Systems of Psychology
- Educational Psychology
- Ethical Issues in Psychology
- Statistics for Social Sciences
- Multivariate Statistics
- Group Work Processes
- Living in Social & Political Crisis
- Personnel Psychology
- Psychology of Art
- Music and the Mind
- Motivation and Emotion
- Community Psychology
- Personnel Psychology
- Comparative Psychology
- Mindfulness & Eastern Psychology
- Positive Psychology
All of the careers below can include both active research as well as practice in the field.
- Clinical Psychologist
- Counseling Psychologist
- Developmental Psychologist
- School Counselor
- Educational Psychologist (Science of Teaching & Learning)
- Health Psychologist
- Rehabilitation Psychologist
- Geriatric Psychologist
- Sports & Performance Psychologist
- Cognitive Psychologist
- University Researcher and Professor
- Social Psychologist
- Industrial & Organizational Psychologist
- Human Factors & Engineering Psychologist
About the School
Since 1998, UNYP has been offering the best in English-language higher education in Central Europe, with a focus on Business Administration, Communications, Finance, IT Management, Marketing, Internat ... Read More