⚡️ Coronavirus (COVID-19) update
We have temporarily adopted our programs for virtual instruction so that our new students have an option to begin their program in Summer or Fall 2020 virtually, and then change to on-campus learning, once the Czech Republic re-opens its borders.
The 21st-century world is governed by regional and global geopolitical issues. Economic leverage increasingly plays a dominant role in the way states interact. Diplomacy and international economics are thus quickly merging into a single concept, and it is upon this new foundation that government, business, and international organizations will communicate in the new era. For these reasons, the Department of International Relations at UNYP offers a modern curriculum that combines the study of economics and international politics.
Our program focuses on providing students with a strong foundation in political, economic, and international relations theory.
The goal of this program is to prepare students to think theoretically and analytically about politics and economics in today’s world while using modern technology and ethical thinking to solve problems in a multicultural environment.
- You will gain a solid theoretical foundation in economics, including the microeconomic foundations of economic thought and the macroeconomic issues facing nation states and economic actors;
- You will acquire a thorough understanding of the political, historical and diplomatic environment prior to the 21st century;
- You will develop the ability to think theoretically and analytically about contemporary issues in international affairs and economics;
- You will become proficient in using software applications and information technology for research during your studies;
- You will learn how to work collaboratively in teams within a multicultural setting.
UNYP graduates are highly successful in securing professional positions in both the state sector (international organizations, government and non-governmental organizations) and the international business world (managerial positions in corporations with a strong international orientation).
Moreover, many are pursuing graduate degrees in the EU and USA. Alumni feedback indicates a high degree of satisfaction with the program, and students repeatedly indicate that the emphasis on oral and written communication skills, and on critical analysis training, have been instrumental in finding and retaining employment.
Unique to the program is the interactive and dynamic teaching style of the faculty. Our professors are recruited from the USA and the EU, and hold advanced degrees in their fields.
Finally, the IR Bachelor’s Degree is a perfect stepping stone to graduate studies. Many of our graduates have continued their studies at prestigious universities such as the London School of Economics, Johns Hopkins University and the University of Cambridge. Degrees This degree is awarded by the State University of New York, Empire State College.
Students can also sit for Czech state exams at the end of their studies, and receive a degree from UNYP (bakalář - Bc.) accredited by the Czech Ministry of Education. This is a unique advantage open to UNYP students, who can graduate with two distinct academic titles, one from the USA and one from the EU, and therefore have opportunities to work all over the world.
- International Politics
- European Integration
- Comparative Economic Systems
- Statistics for Business and Economics
- International Organizations
- International Trade and Finance
- Comparative Political Systems
- Economic Policies of the European Union
- Modern Diplomacy
- International Conflict and Security
- Public Sector and Public Policy
- Social and Economic Context of Globalization
- External Relations of the European Union
- International Business
- International Relations
- Foreign Policy
- Ecological Economics
- Area Studies
- Contemporary Problems in Political Economy
Juraj’s course of study included a semester at Georgetown University in the spring of 2007. He did several internships at the Czech Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Konrad Adenauer Foundation and briefly worked on projects with the Boston Consulting Group. After graduating from UNYP, Juraj continued his Masters in International Political Economy at Warwick University, England.
In September 2009, he joined the Brussels-based public affairs company cabinet DN, and during that time became active in student politics. In July 2011 he was elected chairman of the European Democrat Students – the largest political student organization in Europe.
The EDS is an umbrella organization of 36 national members representing 1.6 million students inside and outside the borders of the EU. Juraj headed this organization for two years and lobbied for students’ issues at various levels of policy-making.
Juraj is now back in Slovakia, where he heads a private business and is active in the analysis of international affairs and local Slovak politics. He frequently returns to Prague to catch up with his former classmates and professors at UNYP
About the School
Since 1998, UNYP has been offering the best in English-language higher education in Central Europe, with a focus on Business Administration, Communications, Finance, IT Management, Marketing, Internat ... Read More