Advanced Manufacturing Systems MSc online
Our Advanced Manufacturing Systems MSc degree focuses on providing you with a unique learning opportunity to develop in-depth knowledge and skills in advanced manufacturing, aiming to produce the leading engineers and researchers required for Industry 4.0 oriented smart manufacturing to improve products and production processes.
This fully-online course addresses real-life manufacturing and enterprise systems issues and allows students to put their skills to use by working on real issues shared by our industrial partners.
About Brunel University London
Named for one of Britain’s most influential engineers Isambard Kingdom Brunel, Brunel University London is dedicated to preparing students to lead and positively impact their chosen fields. After completing their studies at Brunel, many of our graduates go on to work in the field of civil engineering, as well as in the manufacturing, service, and government sectors across the globe.
Brunel is dedicated to providing you with a nurturing environment to develop the academic and professional skills needed to succeed in the workplace. We were ranked 34th in the 2020 Times Higher Education World University Rankings and our 'International Outlook' is recognised as amongst the best in the world.
Brunel Online During the COVID-19 Pandemic
We at Brunel want to reassure all of our students that under the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, we will continue to offer you the resources and support you need to study your online programme successfully. All start dates for 2020 will continue as scheduled.
Studying online gives you the opportunity to earn an internationally-recognised UK master’s degree without leaving your home. You are not obliged to attend campus lectures, meaning you can watch them on the online platform at times that work for you. During the course of your studies, you’ll have access to:
- Engaging study materials: Your resources will include video lectures, case studies, class forums and podcasts.
- Support and guidance: Your dedicated programme tutor will guide your academic development from day one.
- Your virtual campus: Study from any location and build connections with like-minded professionals worldwide.
- Open Library: Online students will have full access to Brunel’s expansive digital library for books, articles, and electronic resources.
By studying your degree online, you’ll join a network of students and professionals around the world, learning and connecting to enrich their lives, and taking the next positive steps towards rewarding careers.
As an online student, you will have access to Brunel’s renowned Professional Development Center (PDC), which helps students develop the professional skills to stand out in the international job market and find a satisfying career.
Our PDC has been voted as the 5th best Careers Service in the country by students and is well-respected for our experienced staff and remarkable career support. The PDC team assists students through the processes of establishing and achieving professional goals, assists with completing applications, and preparation for job interviews. Our team coordinates career fairs and industry-specific events for students to network with potential employers in their field.
Each module is worth 15 credits
- Computer-Aided Engineering
- Systems Modelling and Simulation
- Advanced Measurement Systems and Data Analysis
- Automation and Robotics
- Quality Management & Reliability
- Global Manufacturing Enterprise Business Development
- Logistics and Global Supply Chain Management
- Research Methods for Engineering Projects
- Research Project (60 credits)
Upon successfully completing the Advanced Manufacturing MSc online, graduates will be able to:
- Recognise the fundamental principles of sustainable design, the manufacturing of products, and computer-aided engineering.
- Analyse and create strategies for implementing advanced manufacturing methods and industrial systems.
- Synthesise data from a variety of sources, and clearly present and communicate information to a diverse audience.
- Successfully collaborate within a team, and possess the leadership and judgment skills to manage people, time, and resources.
- Understand concepts of the systems approach, such as the latest techniques, software, and tools.
The Advanced Manufacturing Systems MSc online course delivers transferable and professional-level skills. Graduates of this programme develop the knowledge and professional capabilities needed to find rewarding work in mechanical engineering, project leadership, and in their entrepreneurial pursuits. This programme is especially beneficial for professionals who work in the manufacturing industry, research organisations, and in universities
- A 2:2 (or above) UK Honours degree or equivalent internationally-recognised qualification in an engineering, science or technology subject.
- IELTS: 6 (min 5.5 in all areas)
- Pearson: 51 (51 in all subscores)
- BrunELT: 60% (min 55% in all areas)
- TOEFL: 71 (min R18, L17, S20, W17)
1 year full-time, 2 years part-time
About the School
Brunel University London, named after Britain’s influential engineer Isambard Kingdom Brunel, has consistently delivered academic excellence since opening its doors in 1966. In its more than 50 years ... Read More