Course at a Glance
- National Code - 52810WA
- Schedule Start Date: 02nd October 2018
- Code: DME
- Course Length: 18 Months
- Course taught in English
Join this interactive, LIVE ONLINE program, for 18 months part-time, to gain:
- Skills and know-how in the latest technologies in mechanical engineering
- Hard hitting know-how in pumps, compressors, piping, seals and machinery safety
- Guidance from experts in the field of mechanical engineering technology
- Networking contacts in the industry
- Improved career prospects and income
- A world-class Advanced Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology
Applications closing September 25, 2018.
Whilst there is probably not a serious shortage of theoretically oriented practitioners in mechanical engineering, there is a shortage of highly skilled practically oriented mechanical technologists and engineers in the world today, due to the new technologies only recently becoming a key component of all modern plants, factories, and offices. The critical shortage of experts in the area has been accentuated by retirement, restructuring and rapid growth in new industries and technologies. This is regardless of the recession in many countries.
Many businesses throughout the world comment on the difficulty in finding experienced mechanical engineers and technologists despite paying outstanding salaries. For example, about two years ago a need developed for mechanical technologists and engineers in building process plants. The interface from the traditional SCADA and industrial automation system to the web and to mechanical equipment has also created a new need for expertise in these areas. Specialists in these areas are few and far between.
The aim of this 18 month online learning program is to provide you with core skills in working with mechanical engineering technology and systems and to take advantage of the growing need by industry here.
The five threads running through this program are:
- Fundamentals of Mechanical Engineering Technologies
- Applications of Mechanical Engineering Technologies
- Energy Systems
- Industrial Automation
Who Should Complete this Program
- Plant operations and maintenance personnel
- Design engineers
- Process technicians, technologists, and engineers
- Process control engineers and supervisors
- Mechanical technicians, technologists, and engineers
- Mechanical equipment sales engineers
- Pump and mechanical equipment operators
- Contract and asset managers
This Engineering Institute of Technology Advanced Diploma is an accelerated, practical, work-oriented program. It is designed for engineers and technicians who have some background in the field. This includes those who have technical or ‘trade’ qualifications who want to move to the next career step, those with substantial relevant work experience who need to formalize and enhance their achievements, and those with higher level qualifications in a related field who wish to develop specialist knowledge. Practical work experience in related areas of engineering would help enormously. It would not be suitable for a student with no relevant work experience. We will review your application and may recommend pre-program studies if required.
Benefits of online learning to Students
- Cost-effective: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Interactive: live, interactive sessions let you communicate with your instructor and fellow students
- Flexible: short interactive sessions over the Internet which you can attend from your home or office. Learn while you earn!
- Practical: perform exercises by remotely accessing our labs and simulation software
- Expert instructors: instructors have extensive industry experience; they are not just 'academics'
- No geographical limits: learn from any location, all you need is an Internet connection
- Constant support: from your instructor(s) and a dedicated Learning Support Officer for the complete duration of the program
- International insight: interact and network with participants from around the globe and gain valuable insight into the international practice
Benefits of online learning to Employers
- Lower training costs: no travel or accommodation necessary
- Less downtime: short webinars (60-90 minutes) and flexible training methods means less time away from work
- Retain employees: keep staff who may be considering a qualification as full-time study
- Increase efficiency: improve your engineering or technical employees’ skills and knowledge
- International insight: students will have access to internationally based professional instructors and students
How Does it Work?
EIT online learning courses involve a combination of live, interactive sessions over the Internet with a professional instructor, set readings, and assignments. The courses include simulation software and remote laboratory applications to let you put the theory to practice, and provide you with constant support from a dedicated Learning Support Officer.
Practical Exercises and Remote Laboratories
As part of the ground-breaking new way of teaching, our online engineering courses use a series of remote laboratories (labs) and simulation software, to facilitate your learning and to test the knowledge you gain during your course. These involve complete working labs set up at various locations of the world into which you will be able to log to and proceed through the various practical sessions.
These will be supplemented by simulation software, running either remotely or on your computer, to ensure you gain the requisite hands-on experience. No one can learn much solely from lectures, the labs and simulation software are designed to increase the absorption of the materials and to give you a practical orientation of the learning experience. All this will give you a solid, practical exposure to the key principles covered and will ensure that you obtain maximum benefit from your course.
Program taught in: