- Program Code: 3462
- School: School of Engineering Technology and Applied Science
- Credential: Ontario College Advanced Diploma
- Program Type: Post-secondary program
- Program Length: 3 years/ 6 semesters
- Start Date: Fall, Winter
- Location: Online
To ensure that you choose the appropriate technology to participate in courses delivered in online and hybrid mode in Fall 2020, please consult the recommended computer specifications for the ICET academic programs.
Through collaboration with industry, the Software Engineering Technology – Artificial Intelligence (AI) program will provide our students with skills in state of art design and AI application development technologies. Software is taking the planet by storm and AI-driven technologies are at the center of it. AI’s global economic impact is expected to reach trillions by 2025. AI is set to become the new database for next-generation applications.
Our Software Engineering Technology – Artificial Intelligence program aligns well with the newest technology trends in the software industry, namely “Augmented Analytics,” “AI-Driven Development,” and “Autonomous Things.” The coursework emphasizes modern software design and AI frameworks, machine learning, data visualization, big data fundamentals, natural language processing, image recognition, recommender systems, software bots, digital ethics, and privacy guidelines within AI solutions.
To round out the technical focus of the curriculum, the Software Engineering Technology – Artificial Intelligence program includes two software development projects. For these real-world business applications, you put into action all the technical, systems, and business skills acquired during your courses to build AI-enhanced software solutions for automating, classifying, predicting, recommending, and understanding processes and data.
For a Fast-Track with Optional Co-op version of this program, please visit program 3422: Software Engineering Technology - Artificial Intelligence Fast Track (Optional Co-op)
- Software Engineering Technology – Artificial Intelligence courses incorporate the use of leading technology geared to industry standards.
- Project-based learning is a key component of the offering.
- Knowledgeable and approachable faculty members have diverse industry experience and academic credentials.
- This program is also delivered in a version that includes a co-op option. Students who choose this version (program #3412) are introduced to some of the biggest names in the industry with whom they are able to network in addition to gaining experience that puts them ahead of the competition — before they even graduate.
- Graduates from the program may apply for certified membership to their provincial engineering technology association.
|Semester 1||Semester 2||Semester 3|
|Semester 4||Semester 5||Semester 6|
Career Options, Academic Pathways, and Partners
The graduates of Software Engineering Technology – Artificial Intelligence program can work on all software projects that involve intelligent use of data, such as machine learning, natural language processing, recommendation systems, image recognition, data analytics, big data, and more. The graduates can find employment in various financial, health, social and multimedia, insurance, telecommunications, large retail, tech start-up, transportation, and government companies and institutions.
Companies Offering Jobs
IBM Canada, Manulife, CIBC, RBC, BMO, Bell Canada, Scotiabank, TD, Toronto Transit Commission (TTC), American Express, Toronto Stock Exchange, Canadian Tire, Top Hat, SOTI, and more.
- AI Developer
- Software Engineer
- Machine Learning Engineer
- Data Analytics Developer
- Software tester
- Mobile application developer
- Computer programmer
- Systems analyst
- Data analyst
- Data Science Developer
- Database Developer
- Web application developer
- Applications or software support
The Software Engineering Technology – Artificial Intelligence advanced diploma is open to graduates from Software Engineering Technology or similar programs, as well as to anyone with a degree in the computing field. The graduates of this program can pursue a university degree in all institutions available to our Software Engineering Technology graduates. This includes:
- University of Guelph, Ontario
- Trent University, Ontario
- Ryerson University, Ontario
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Ontario
- Algoma University, Ontario
- Laurentian University, Ontario
- Davenport University, USA
- Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent, or mature student status (19 years or older)
- English Grade 12 C or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take the Centennial College English Skills Assessment for Admission (score of 170 or 171 is required for admission)
- Mathematics Grade 11 M or U, or 12 C or U, or equivalent (minimum grade required) or take a Centennial College Engineering Math Skills Assessment for Admission
- English language proficiency
The co-op option in this program will provide you with the opportunity to gain hands-on experience while you complete three work terms as an employee in the field. This experience not only allows you to put classroom learning into practice but will also provide valuable contacts for your future career.
To participate in programs with optional co-op, students will typically complete an application process in the second semester of their studies, and if academically qualified, may be admitted to the co-op program. Academically qualified students who are accepted into the program will register for the co-op preparation course as scheduled. When you graduate, your diploma will highlight the co-op credential.
- Minimum of 80% of courses completed from year one
- A minimum C (60%) grade in COMM-170/171
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher (this must be maintained for the duration of the program)
- Students must be legally eligible to work in Canada
- Students who meet the above prerequisites will apply to transfer to the co-op program as scheduled
Note: Meeting the minimum co-op program requirements does not guarantee admission into the co-op program.
About the School
Centennial College is Ontario’s first public college with five campuses in Toronto, Canada. Centennial offers high-quality Canadian Education that is hands-on and employment-focused. Programs at Cente ... Read More