Complement your life sciences or MD advanced degree with a Bioinformatics Advanced Certificate Degree, providing you the tools to manage and study data.
Emerging from unprecedented investigations into biological phenomena over the last decades, the in-demand ﬁeld of bioinformatics organizes and translates vast streams of data from living organisms generated by the Human Genome Project and other more recent studies. If you are seeking a role as an expert in bioinformatics, you need a thorough appreciation of biology, chemistry, and computer science. This online advanced certiﬁcate prepares you to join a talented cadre of creative specialists in the fast-paced pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries.
Students who earn a Bioinformatics Advanced Certificate may apply those credits towards the Bioinformatics Master's Degree. Note that only 9 credits from the Advanced Certificate can be used towards the Bioinformatics Master Degree program.
4 Required Courses (12 Credits)
Required Core Courses (9 Credits)
- Bioinformatics I: Sequence Analysis BI-GY 7533 3 Credits
- Next Generation Sequence Analysis BI-GY 7653 3 Credits
- Computational Tools Perl & Bioperl BI-GY 7643 3 Credits
Choose 1 Elective (3 credits)
- Proteomics BI-GY 7543 3 Credits
- Transcriptomics BI-GY 7633 3 Credits
- Foundations of Computer Science CS-GY 6003 3 Credits
This school offers programs in:
Last updated October 2, 2016