The correct writing of texts, regardless of its format or the medium where it is published, becomes increasingly relevant. And this question does not only apply to those who are dedicated to scientific research, but also to those who are in the academic field, whether students, teachers or scholars in general.
Beyond the issues associated with style, clarity and precision, inherent in all texts, in the case of academics, there are a series of requirements that are essential for the dissemination of research results or scientific publications in any area of study.
Increasingly, the competences in the academic field pass not only for a good performance and achieve results, but for making them known to the rest of the scientific community. In keeping with this purpose, it is essential to know and manage the techniques and resources for academic writing, as well as the characteristics and requirements of the main dissemination platforms.
In this sense, the program that we propose has among its objectives to provide those who enroll in it with the necessary skills for a correct writing, focused on general norms; mainly of the tools for the concretion of clear texts and according to the regulations of scientific publication.
These skills will also contribute to professional development in the most diverse areas, with the inclusion in addition to issues associated with norms and citation styles, selection of adequate sources according to the field of study and methodological details.
These particularities will also be in charge of this program, with the purpose that you can properly handle the skills for the creation and positioning of the research results, from a correct elaboration of the texts and their dissemination.
In the process we will approach the publishing supports and databases that prestige and generate impact in the scientific dissemination. In the academic field, it is as important to investigate as to publicize the results.
This program will allow you to create texts according to the scientific and institutional requirements of the moment, access the resources to support the writing, and facilitate the process of visualizing the results of individual or group work. With a methodology of constant support, follow-up activities and a forum for information exchange we will guide you in this process, designed for your professional growth and advancement in the most diverse areas of knowledge.
Develop competencies for the correct writing and publication of academic texts, in such a way as to allow the teaching community to identify and put into practice the main factors that intervene in the process.
- Strengthen skills associated with the writing of texts.
- Develop skills for the preparation of academic texts.
- Know the resources for academic writing.
- Properly handle academic writing techniques.
- Identify the scientific dissemination platforms and their uses.
Who is it for?
- Students of different levels.
- Professionals from the most diverse areas.
- Teachers linked to academia and research.
- All people interested in disseminating results of studies and research.
Next, the structured academic program is exposed by modules and classes that we are going to be addressing in the present course.
- Module 1. The academic text: types and characteristics
- Module 2. Techniques for writing academic texts
- Module 3. Resources for writing academic texts
- Module 4. Appointments and references: essential elements
- Module 5. Supports for the publication of academic texts
The graduate of the Academic Writing program has competences to:
- Differentiate academic texts from those of another type according to their most notable and objective characteristics, taking as reference their distinctive attributes of the rest of documents.
- Determine formats associated with those of academic texts, their modes of presentation and their uses in accordance with the fields of studies and institutional or publication requirements.
- Identify the most frequently used academic texts associated with their characteristics, structure and format, as well as their most appropriate purposes according to the area of the sciences concerned.
- Establish the recommended structure for the creation of academic texts, according to their purpose, the purposes and needs of the writer and the requirements of the institutions or publications.
- Manage support resources available for the creation of scientific publications, including text processors, dictionaries and style correctors, online and offline.
- Use the general and specific writing techniques according to the academic requirements to disseminate scientific knowledge with precision, coherence and clarity.
- Identify valid sources for academic research and dissemination, its uses, functions, types and possibilities.
- Determine and manage elementary research methods and techniques to conduct research according to the requirements of the different fields of study.
- Know the different established style rules to publicize the scientific production, its characteristics and uses.
- Properly handle citations and references according to the type of text, field of studies and editorial requirements, as well as their modes of presentation and uses according to the needs of those who research and write scientific documents.
- Recognize the different platforms and supports for scientific dissemination according to the field of study and recognition among the academic community, to achieve the greatest possible impact of the material to be disseminated.
- Use databases and academic indexes for the positioning of academic texts.
To guarantee the quality of the programs, the student is constantly evaluated through different methods.
Discussion forums: These are debates on current issues that promote research, interpretation and, in some cases, proposals for solutions.
Test of evaluation: It is a form of continuous assessment of learning that can be presented in the form of multiple choice questions, true or false, complete ideas, organize chronologically, among others. They are carried out systematically, in some cases so that the student self-regulates their learning and, in others, as an evaluation.
Duties: These are works done online or not, where the teacher exposes a topic of debate or investigation and the student develops it asynchronously and loads it for evaluation and qualification.
Exams: These are evaluations that are carried out at the end of each learning stage and are exposed directly on the platform for the online resolution of these; they have the distinction of being automatically qualified by the virtual campus.
Program taught in: