Discover how data sharing in the healthcare sector has the potential to improve medical outcomes all over the world.
Explore the benefits of healthcare organisations sharing data.
In an era where big data and artificial intelligence play an important role in healthcare, data sharing has huge potential for global health improvement and patient safety. This is especially pertinent during the COVID-19 pandemic.
On this course, you’ll explore the benefits and challenges of sharing healthcare data globally.
With support from industry experts, you’ll consider topics like the future of medical development, improving care, healthcare accessibility, and more.
You’ll also discover the strategies used by governments, funding bodies, institutions, and publishers to get access to datasets.
What topics will you cover?
This course is focused on studies of future global healthcare developments. Topics below will be discussed:
- How can massive data sharing in healthcare benefit medical development, such as in a pandemic like COVID-19?
- How can massive data improve patient safety?
- How can massive data improve healthcare quality, and achieve precision medicine?
- How can massive data help to achieve standardising global care? For Governments, funding bodies, institutions, and publishers, when given patients data, how do they develop strategies?
When would you like to start?
Most FutureLearn courses run multiple times. Every run of a course has a set start date but you can join it and work through it after it starts.
- Available now
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to:
- Describe how big data can improve the quality of healthcare in global pandemics.
- Explore how big data and artificial intelligence can play a vital role in global health improvement and study trials.
- Apply using big data and artificial intelligence to build new globally standardized methodologies to improve healthcare.
- Improve healthcare quality and patient safety using massive observational health data and artificial intelligence techniques.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in big data and artificial intelligence applications in healthcare for global health improvement.
This is likely to include students, researchers, and healthcare professionals.
Who will you learn with?
Assistant Professor with expertise in health data and informatics, health care quality and management, and Global Health.
Yu-Chuan Jack Li is a pioneer of AI in Medicine, Medical Informatics Research and a dermatologist in Taiwan.
Who developed the course?
Taipei Medical University
Taipei Medical University (TMU) has been a leader in Taiwan’s healthcare system for over half a century due to its research, teaching excellence, internationalization and outstanding medical service.
Join this course
Join free and you will get:
Upgrade this course and you will get:
Buy Unlimited and you will get:
About the School
Learn 100% online with world-class universities and industry experts. Develop your career, learn a new skill, or pursue your hobbies with flexible online courses.