This A Level Psychology course has been designed to provide a broad introduction to the scope and nature of psychology as a science. This course covers the brand new spec introduced in September 2015. The emphasis is on applying knowledge and understanding rather than just acquiring knowledge, thereby developing students’ transferable skills of analysis, evaluation and critical thinking.
The new specification offers a broad range of topics, with research methods in context. There is a range of topic-based options which bring together explanations from different approaches and engage students in issues and debates in contemporary psychology.
- Qualification: A Level Psychology (7182)
- Accredited: Yes
- QCF Recognised: Yes
- Awarding Body: AQA
- Start Date: Anytime - We enrol 365 days a year
- Duration: Flexible - Approx 700 Hours - 2 years support
- UCAS Points: Dependant on Grades
- Social Influence
- Psychology in Context
- Approaches in Psychology
- Research Methods
- Scientific Processes
- Data Handling and Analysis
- Inferential Testing
- Issues and Debates in Psychology
- Cognition and Development
- Eating Behaviour
- Forensic Psychology
It is generally recommended that candidates have attained grade C or higher in English Language and Literature at GCSE level. However, as full tutor support is provided the minimum entry requirements are an ability to read and write in English with some fluency.
To sit AQA examination/practicals students must register as a private candidate with an approved examination centre prior to enrolment for examination.
Course duration will vary dependant on student commitment, effort and ability. Overall guided learning hours are approx 700. This should be used as a guideline only and completion times will vary hugely.We would encourage students to seriously consider how they plan to complete their chosen course prior to enrolment. Students should think about how they are going to study, where they are going to study and how often. Be realistic!
Speak to family members and help them to understand what you are trying to achieve, explain you may require peace and space to study at certain times. The more you involve them the more likely you are to get them on your side. Students are reminded that the time in which they complete is purely down to them as an individual.
Completion can be as quickly or as slowly as you wish within the 24 month tuition period. If you require additional time an extension may be available. Extensions are arranged at an additional cost as and when needed.
Students are able to select how they wish to study.
- Paper-based: Receive your course pack in the post in hard copy and correspond directly with your tutor via email.
- Online: Access our premium online cloud-based learning system where you are able to access all of your course lessons, assignments and tutor correspondence in one place. Download the APP and access your course information on any device from anywhere in the world with an internet signal. Whichever way you choose to study is up to you!
About the School
Whatever your goal and personal ambitions UK Open College are able to provide a totally flexible method of learning to students on an international scale. By completing an onliine course the possibili ... Read More